+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need stamp on passport for police clearance certificate from India?

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
Dear All,

We received ITA recently and myself and my wife applied for police clearance certificate from India for canada PR in-person at Consulate general of India- San Francisco. As we applied in-person we got back our passports after submitting all necessary doc. We received PCC in a week through mail. Do we require our passports to be stamped as well? Not sure about this stamping as we need to upload only PCC doc while submitting. And any new updates for US PCC processing time. Any response would be appreciated.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Generally they used to stamp on the passport before issuing PCC. If they don't stamp it then there is no problem.

Reactions: Hemanth kanchiraju
Dec 27, 2017
We haven't faced any issue. We received PCC in a week from San Francisco Consulate.
hello

i am in the similar situation. I m planning to apply in person. Since, SFO embassy does not give the PCC within the same day, should I carry a prepaid label as well so that they can send the completed PCC?

I had a bad experience of passport and PCC lost on its' way from Embassy and which is why I need to reapply and this time in person. Please advise

Sai2017

Jun 12, 2017
Portland,OR
Category........
hello

i am in the similar situation. I m planning to apply in person. Since, SFO embassy does not give the PCC within the same day, should I carry a prepaid label as well so that they can send the completed PCC?

I had a bad experience of passport and PCC lost on its' way from Embassy and which is why I need to reapply and this time in person. Please advise
Hello,

Yes you need to carry a prepaid label for the consulate to mail back PCC.I have provided FedEx prepaid label affixed to the envelop. When the consulate ship your package the tracking number on the fedex label will be activated and you can track it. If you go in-person they will verify your passport and give the passport back to you. They will not hold the passport for in-person visit.

Dec 27, 2017
Hello,

Yes you need to carry a prepaid label for the consulate to mail back PCC.I have provided FedEx prepaid label affixed to the envelop. When the consulate ship your package the tracking number on the fedex label will be activated and you can track it. If you go in-person they will verify your passport and give the passport back to you. They will not hold the passport for in-person visit.
Thank you so much for the information

enhonda

Aug 7, 2017
I submitted my india PCC application at San Francisco Consulate on 12/21/2017. I forgot to save the prepaid mailing tracking number.
It is more than a week, What are other ways to track the application?

Maggi23

Jan 13, 2018
Hi,

I need some information urgently.

I need Police Verification from SFO consulate.
Is it mandatory to send passport if u mail documents? Notarized copies dont work?

Also In my passport address is of the old address , My parents have moved to a new address in India. Will this affect the PCC?
Thanks

hareeku

Jan 16, 2018
Hi,

I need some information urgently.

I need Police Verification from SFO consulate.
Is it mandatory to send passport if u mail documents? Notarized copies dont work?

Also In my passport address is of the old address , My parents have moved to a new address in India. Will this affect the PCC?
Thanks
Yes, it is mandatory to send passport if you mail in your application. You need to also provide self attested copy of passport, notarized copy of US status and a copy (doesn't need to be notarized) of your utility bill.

I'm not sure if India address matters as they only ask for US address proof on their website.

k0110b

Jan 8, 2019
Dear All,

We received ITA recently and myself and my wife applied for police clearance certificate from India for canada PR in-person at Consulate general of India- San Francisco. As we applied in-person we got back our passports after submitting all necessary doc. We received PCC in a week through mail. Do we require our passports to be stamped as well? Not sure about this stamping as we need to upload only PCC doc while submitting. And any new updates for US PCC processing time. Any response would be appreciated.
I got my pcc but they didnt stamp my passport for pcc. Did you face any issue related to this after you submitted your application ?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Stamping on passport is not required