+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need a PR card for re-entry though we have the valid immigrant visa.?

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
Hi,

Can anybody please tell me do I still need a PR card if I re-entry into Canada within the expiry date of Visa.

I am going on a official visit to Canada for just 2 weeks and after a month or so I am planning to move with the family. Will I be able to re-entry without the PR card, because I wont be able to get the PR card within 2 weeks of my stay in Canada.

please advice. or is there any phone no I can contact to CIC or CHC,ND.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should talk to the IO's about this when you land. If you are visa exempt, it may be fine for you to travel back with only your landing documents. If you need a visa, it's a question whether the airline will let you fly without something to prove that you will be let into Canada. If that is the case, you can get a PR travel document from the Canadian embassy where you are, should not be a big deal at all.

balakri

Star Member
May 16, 2009
Hi Thayib,

You will need a PR card to enter or a valid visa from CHC india giving them proof that you are PR and there are some formats for that.

Regards
Bala

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi Thayyib,

Leon has given u the perfect answer. If u r not from the visa exempt countries u'll NEED a travel document or the PR Card to return to Canada after u have done your 1st landing as a PR. A Canadian Border Post may allow u without it, but an Airline will not.

Returning to Canada without a PR Card:
The process in such cases is that one needs to apply for a 'PRTD-A31 (3)' ('Temporary' PR Travel Document) at the local CHC. It costs $50. Details of it is provided at the 'Manual for Permanent Resident Card' (ENF 27).

HAPPY NEW YEAR !
Regards.