+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we declare all work experience in EE

dreamlover

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
I

I an in a similar situation..my company has given ref letter mentioning my one designation for the entire duration, though i had served in two designations..and im showing last designation held. What was ur expeirence on this issue,
hi, same as well. any updates?

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
I entered only the job that I claimed points for in both my EE profile and post ITA with no issues - received PR.

You can modify your work history post-ITA without needing to reject it, as long as the changes that you make do not change your points. Or if they do, the new total is over the CRS cutoff for your draw.
Was that your personal experience? removing the job experience post ITA?

letsGo2Canada

Oct 1, 2018
Guy, so what should I do: I have more than 3 years of work ex in USA. Before moving to the USA, I worked for 7 months in India. It will be a little difficult to get a reference letter for the 7 months. Will it be fine if I put just USA work ex in the EE profile and post ITA mention 7 months job?

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
You can explain in your LoE that you are unable to get a reference letter from your Indian employer. You can attach your email exchanges evidencing this. Suggest not leaving out any information from your EE profile.

drmadhvendra

Oct 30, 2018
I have a few questions regarding my work experience. I have the following profile:

Company A - Sept 2011 - Jan 2014
Company B - Jan 2015 - June 2015
Company C - July 2015 - Feb 2017
Company D - March 2017 - Jul 2018
Company E - Aug 2018 - Present.

Now i have reference letters and all other supporting documents for company A, B, C and E. I have the following questions:

1) For the CRS points if I just show the work experience for A and C I am above the 3 years stipulation. Now is it possible to just list these work experience in the EE profile and thereby just send reference letters etc for just these 2 job profiles after the ITA?

2) Or should I add all the work experience that I have in the EE profile and send reference letters for just A and C after the ITA and say that I only wish to claim points for this work experience.

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a few questions regarding my work experience. I have the following profile:

Company A - Sept 2011 - Jan 2014
Company B - Jan 2015 - June 2015
Company C - July 2015 - Feb 2017
Company D - March 2017 - Jul 2018
Company E - Aug 2018 - Present.

Now i have reference letters and all other supporting documents for company A, B, C and E. I have the following questions:

1) For the CRS points if I just show the work experience for A and C I am above the 3 years stipulation. Now is it possible to just list these work experience in the EE profile and thereby just send reference letters etc for just these 2 job profiles after the ITA?

2) Or should I add all the work experience that I have in the EE profile and send reference letters for just A and C after the ITA and say that I only wish to claim points for this work experience.
You can mention only A and C and claim points for them, however if you mention E also, it will be better as it is your current job. Provide pay stubs etc from E.

Put others in Personal History, you should not try to hide those. And no reference letters will be required for those in Personal History.

But mind that while creating EE profile before ITA, mention only those for which you can provide reference letters. No need to mention others. Those will be mentioned post ITA in Personal History.

Reactions: drmadhvendra

drmadhvendra

Oct 30, 2018
You can mention only A and C and claim points for them, however if you mention E also, it will be better as it is your current job. Provide pay stubs etc from E.

Put others in Personal History, you should not try to hide those. And no reference letters will be required for those in Personal History.

But mind that while creating EE profile before ITA, mention only those for which you can provide reference letters. No need to mention others. Those will be mentioned post ITA in Personal History.
Sure understood. yes, i can produce a reference letter and pay slips for the current job, was just worried about leaving out the other companies in the EE profile, as I thought he could be construed as misrepresentation. Is it possible to list all the jobs and after ITA send an LOE and say I have reference letters for these 3 only, and as they amount to more than 3 years i still hold that same CRS score of 477?

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Sure understood. yes, i can produce a reference letter and pay slips for the current job, was just worried about leaving out the other companies in the EE profile, as I thought he could be construed as misrepresentation. Is it possible to list all the jobs and after ITA send an LOE and say I have reference letters for these 3 only, and as they amount to more than 3 years i still hold that same CRS score of 477?
No, it is not misrepresentation because you’re not hiding. You are showing them but in Personal History.

No need for LoE because putting in Personal History means precisely that you are not going to provide reference letters.

Don’t put in Work History if you do not have reference letters. LoE won’t work here and can cause delays and problems.

Also again I am telling that don’t claim before ITA points for those jobs for which you don’t have reference letters. They are only to be mentioned post ITA in Personal History, not before ITA.

Reactions: drmadhvendra

drmadhvendra

Oct 30, 2018
No, it is not misrepresentation because you’re not hiding. You are showing them but in Personal History.

No need for LoE because putting in Personal History means precisely that you are not going to provide reference letters.

Don’t put in Work History if you do not have reference letters. LoE won’t work here and can cause delays and problems.

Also again I am telling that don’t claim before ITA points for those jobs for which you don’t have reference letters. They are only to be mentioned post ITA in Personal History, not before ITA.
Sure thanks, Is there a section on the CIC that precisely mentions this point or gives some clarification.

MKRaja

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hi,

I have mentioned 3 work experience - the previous one which was for 7 years for which points are claimed and all supporting documents attached. Other two are more than 10 years old and each less than a year which does not affect my crs points. However I think my consultant put the old work experience in the work experience section and not personal history. For the old work experience I could get only a letter on the letter head stating I worked there for those many months, my position, and salary.

My question is - will it matter if for those old work experience documents (more than 10 years old) if I have not provided job duties letter?

I feel cause my latest work experience is for 7 years and all documents including reference/job duties letter, pay slips, Income tax returns etc are filed, I should worry about more than 10 years old work experience documents even if my agent has filed it in the work experience section?

jaby135

Feb 15, 2019
I entered only the job that I claimed points for in both my EE profile and post ITA with no issues - received PR.

You can modify your work history post-ITA without needing to reject it, as long as the changes that you make do not change your points. Or if they do, the new total is over the CRS cutoff for your draw.
Hello!
Did you mention those jobs in your personal history during PR application? Ive done the same by having only the job i want points for in EE profile and post ITA pr application. I have mentioned unemployed for that duration of job that i didnt want points for. Or is this misrepresentation?

Titanium

Mar 9, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
October 2019
I have come across this thread very late. I face the same dilemma presently.

In my EE I have presented my 9 years work experience for the primary NOC and another 3 years in my current position for a different NOC.
It will not be easy to get the reference letter for the current position, although I have all the documents for the 9 years experience, for which I claim the work experience points.

Is is okay for me to remove the 3 years current position from the Work Experience and add it to my Personal Details instead?

Would this create any issue?

Henry99

Oct 24, 2019
I got my ITA. :)
But there is a little issue. :(
So my NOC is 2171, but in my EE profile, I had listed my job tenure with only my current designation. But actually, I have worked on two different designations in the same firm. both correspond to the NOC 2171 only. One is analyst(2014-16) and the other is consultant(2016-present). In EE profile, I only mentioned consultant with tenure (2014-17) because it was under the same employer.

I can't change it because I've accepted my ITA already. :(
Is it such a big deal?

What happened , what's the solution to this?