+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we declare all work experience in EE

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matthias_wlkp said:
I have similar issue - work experience claimed as work experience in Express Entry profile, but I'd rather remove it from the actual application after ITA. CRS points will not change, as this concern only:
- 4 months out of 5 years of my foreign experience - it was actually a temporary contract, not permanent...
- my spouse foreign experience.

I will leave it in personal history.

Is there a risk that I will be charged with misrepresentation?

Or should I decline the invitation? :'(
This is NOT misrepresentation and you don't have to decline the ITA provided,

1. This change doesn't affect your program eligibility somehow.

AND

2.This change doesn't affect your CRS score and bring it below the cutoff for that draw.

If the above 2 do not apply in your case, feel free to make the change in work history while leaving it in personal history.

All the best!

eipi1

Feb 26, 2016
The cic website has this information:

In an Express Entry profile, should I only include the minimum work experience needed to qualify for one of the programs, or should I include more?
To qualify for the broadest range of programs, including the Federal Skilled Worker Program, you should include work experience for the last 10 years. We also need this information for an application for permanent residence, no matter which program you are applying under.

This still does not answer the question directly but is worth considering.

At least it says do not bother about anything older than 10 years, for whatever it's worth.

AT_1

Aug 7, 2016
Hey,

Did you finally edit the work history then? facing similar situation.I am considering dropping the ITA. What did you do and did it go fine with you.

I want to remove the work history where I had the same NOC code i am claiming points for and I was self employed. Couldn't gather enough docs so have to remove it.

Any suggestion.Please help

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
So anyone who has submitted PR application under EE and been granted PR, can you share your experience on this? Is it OK to declare only the work experience you want points for in your EE profile and then include the rest of your work experience in life history without providing reference letter?

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
My summary of understandings from the posts from experts:
  • In EE, all work ex mentioned should be supported with reference letters=> because points are being allotted and your eligibility is based on those points
  • post ITA=> rest of work experience goes into personal history => points not being claimed for this => proof of employment not required

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Srushti said:
  • In EE, all work ex mentioned should be supported with reference letters=> because points are being allotted and your eligibility is based on those points
  • post ITA=> rest of work experience goes into personal history => points not being claimed for this => proof of employment not required
Absolutely right. So it is vital,that Pre ITA phase, you only mention work experience you want to, or can claim, points for

ozlis

Oct 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I entered only the job that I claimed points for in both my EE profile and post ITA with no issues - received PR.

You can modify your work history post-ITA without needing to reject it, as long as the changes that you make do not change your points. Or if they do, the new total is over the CRS cutoff for your draw.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Srushti said:
lifein360 said:
Absolutely right. So it is vital,that Pre ITA phase, you only mention work experience you want to, or can claim, points for
ozlis said:
I entered only the job that I claimed points for in both my EE profile and post ITA with no issues - received PR.

You can modify your work history post-ITA without needing to reject it, as long as the changes that you make do not change your points. Or if they do, the new total is over the CRS cutoff for your draw.
Thank you all!

Jamvilray85

Mar 8, 2017
Thank you all!
In my Express profile I declared all my work experiences under work history which comes to a total of 8 years experience out of which 6 years is linked to NOC: 2174. Now I am finding it difficult to get the reference letter for the 2 years which is not related to the specific NOC. Can I remove this work experience from my work history and include it under personal history post receiving ITA? Note: I still have more than 3 years of experience in the specified NOC so it will not have an impact on my CRS points

rekhabishop

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I got my ITA. :)
But there is a little issue. :(
So my NOC is 2171, but in my EE profile, I had listed my job tenure with only my current designation. But actually, I have worked on two different designations in the same firm. both correspond to the NOC 2171 only. One is analyst(2014-16) and the other is consultant(2016-present). In EE profile, I only mentioned consultant with tenure (2014-17) because it was under the same employer.

I can't change it because I've accepted my ITA already. :(
Is it such a big deal?

Reactions: Henry99
Nov 27, 2017

Hi dear Ozlis,
It has been long time since you posted, but I've a situation that need opinions on. I've 3 years continous work experience it was 6 years ago, this is the one I'm claiming points for, then I've 1.5 years experience with a different NOC 2 years ago.
My question is, should I neglect the last work period and not mention it on the EE profile nor the application? is it wise to do so, or should I just skip it on the EE and mention it on the work history section?

Thanks in advance

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
Hello,

Please can any seniors confirm this understanding?

Not mentioning work experience that does not give CRS points definitely saves us from a lot of paperwork. A lot of us would rather not have the hassle of getting a letter from current employer, or from an employer from long back.

We can certainly provide all the information post ITA stage when we don't need documentary support.

Thank you.

Topgunfyz

Feb 11, 2018
Hello members ,

My enquire is about express entry canada

I have completed bachelors of engineering degree and my course duration was from ( 2009-2013)

But due to back logs and personal issues It took almost 3 years more for completing my degree

So total no of years ( 2009- 2016)

Meanwhile in 3 years was working for finance sector from (2013 to 2016).

And my complete working experience currently is of 3 years

After completing bachelors, I

Immediately enrolled for mba

Finance management programme for which the course duration is

( 2016 - 2018)

And by end of March 2018 the course is about to get completed.

My utmost question is Will my experience be counted in the gap of (2013 - 2016 ) ?

Am I eligible to apply for Canadian express entry

If no .

Need some advice

Thanks in advance

akhilmahajan5

Aug 11, 2017
I
I got my ITA. :)
But there is a little issue. :(
So my NOC is 2171, but in my EE profile, I had listed my job tenure with only my current designation. But actually, I have worked on two different designations in the same firm. both correspond to the NOC 2171 only. One is analyst(2014-16) and the other is consultant(2016-present). In EE profile, I only mentioned consultant with tenure (2014-17) because it was under the same employer.

I can't change it because I've accepted my ITA already. :(
Is it such a big deal?
I an in a similar situation..my company has given ref letter mentioning my one designation for the entire duration, though i had served in two designations..and im showing last designation held. What was ur expeirence on this issue,