+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do paid internships count in Express Entry (FSW)?

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
  1. Hello ,
    I Have a critical question about gaps in employment

I have 4 months paid full time work ex in Company A (rank 1 training phase 1) jun to october 2014

1.5 month gap

4 months 28 days paid fulltime work ex in Company A ( rank 1 training phase 2)
    Dec to may 2015
    11 months gap ( promotion exam )

2.9 years full time paid work ex in Company B(rank 2) april 2016- jan 2019
    This is foreign work experience.
    This work ex is under the same NOC but different ranks
    How it will be calculated?

Please help I have already submitted my profile with company B experince and score 440 vut if I would be able to add expeirece of that 8 months work ex in company A it would fetch me 465.

I only have employment letter stating (rank tenure ) and salary slips from company A
    And a reference letter from colleague

Anokye93

Nov 8, 2019
I had my bachelor of pharmacy degree in 2015 from Ghana and I was qualified to practice as a pharmacist in Ghana in 2017. However I did a paid internship between 2015 and 2017. PEBC assessed my documents and gave 2015 as the year my credentials were passed. Can I include this paid internship in my express entry application ? This is essential since I need it to get a high CRS score. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any ideas? Please help

Nov 9, 2019
I had my bachelor of pharmacy degree in 2015 from Ghana and I was qualified to practice as a pharmacist in Ghana in 2017. However I did a paid internship between 2015 and 2017. PEBC assessed my documents and gave 2015 as the year my credentials were passed. Can I include this paid internship in my express entry application ? This is essential since I need it to get a high CRS score. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any ideas? Please help

I haven't encountered a similar issue - however, if the internship passes what qualifies as full time employment (40 hours a week with pay), I don't see why you can't add it. I included my national service period in counting my work experience and I've received a nomination from Alberta. I'm currenly waiting for the next draw in order to get my ITA.

Otujodaja

Mar 17, 2018
Did you include national service in the reference letter?
I haven't encountered a similar issue - however, if the internship passes what qualifies as full time employment (40 hours a week with pay), I don't see why you can't add it. I included my national service period in counting my work experience and I've received a nomination from Alberta. I'm currenly waiting for the next draw in order to get my ITA.

Lucky237

Jan 10, 2020
Hello folks, if you want to confidently TCF Canada in Ghana, so that you can improve your score , kindly contact me. Regards.

Sina N

Mar 14, 2020
Hi guys,I have graduated in 2018 and have 2 years full-time job experience, I have done a 5 years professional course in india out of which 4 years was theory and a year of internship , I also worked part time during that 1 year in another place after college timing, can I put any of these two for job experience while filing my profile? Will they consider it so that I have a total of 3 years experience altogether?

Reactions: tatiendat

samahuj1994

Apr 27, 2020
Hello I have question reg internship done during my undergrad.

I was employed as Software Engineer Intern from Jan 2016 to May 2016 at a company to do my final semester college project (outside Canada). The experience letter from the company does not mention that this experience was needed by my university.

At this time I was enrolled in the university but did not have to attend classes.

Can I count this 5 month experience in addition to the continous 2.5 year experience which I have ?

pedro65

Feb 15, 2019
Wait a minute. we cannot claim any work done during school period?

I had a full time job while doing my bachelor in Brazil.
In Brazil you can work full time (afternoon and evening) and attend university in the morning. or the opposite, attend university at night and work full time during the day. And even by doing so your studies are considered full time as well.

My bachelor degree was recognized by WES as a 4 year Canadian bachelor.

I am concerned now that they might reject the Brazilian work experience I claimed. ??? ???
My reference letters state that I worked full time (and also mention the amount of hours worked per week)

Do you guys think this might be a problem?
Hi ESantos, did you end up applying under FSW EE?
I`m wondering because my case is similar to yours.
I studied Law for 5 years and I did payed internship during 4 years of my graduation. Now I wanna use that experience on my EE account.
How was yours? Did they accept? How were the letters from the employers?
Did you also wrote a letter of explanation about that?

Thank you,