+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Online TRV go to Ottawa first?

expat105

Jul 24, 2011
O_guy said:
Actually what I know about Somalia is very current as my family is from there and my father still lives there.
Then I suggest your father comes to our compound at Mogadishu Airport and I'll be very happy to sit down with him over a beer/coffee and show him the great strides that are being made to improve the infrastructure and stability here.

O_guy said:
You are telling people you didn't want to live in Canada and would rather work and live in the only "failed state" in the world. There is no internet infrastructure in Somalia and it is not safe enough for international agencies to be there.
It may surprise many people on a Canadian immigration forum, but there are plenty of people in this world like me who don't care to live permanently in Canada. My skill set earns me very good money working in Somalia and other developing countries.

As for no internet infrastructure, well you need to tell Hormuud and Nationlink that because they seem quite happy to provide people with connections. There is even a free wifi hotspot at the airport departure lounge.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expat105 said:
Then I suggest your father comes to our compound at Mogadishu Airport and I'll be very happy to sit down with him over a beer/coffee and show him the great strides that are being made to improve the infrastructure and stability here.
If you actually knew anything about Somalia, you would know that it is small Muslim country and its people believe drinking "beer" or any kind of alcohol is big sin. But thank you for inviting my father to have beer with you. You know absolutely nothing about Somalia or its people, which you would if you lived in Somalia. You are a lair.

No, it is not possible for your TRV online application to bypass all the other TRV online applications and get read and approved within 4 hours of submission as you claimed. You are a lair.

sweaterman

Sep 4, 2013
OK, answer to the question is NOT... online TRV (visitor) applications are not going to Ottava... how do I know it? Easy...

Me and my girlfriend have applied same way, She applied from Europe, I applied in US 5 days before her... Finally, her application is already approved (4 bussines days) and I'm still waiting. So, it prove, that applications are processed by your current country office.

Have someone received approval for visitor TRV recently in US (New York)?... How long it took? ... just to know if i can cancel my tickets or not... thnx :)

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweaterman said:
OK, answer to the question is NOT... online TRV (visitor) applications are not going to Ottava... how do I know it? Easy...

Me and my girlfriend have applied same way, She applied from Europe, I applied in US 5 days before her... Finally, her application is already approved (4 bussines days) and I'm still waiting. So, it prove, that applications are processed by your current country office.

Have someone received approval for visitor TRV recently in US (New York)?... How long it took? ... just to know if i can cancel my tickets or not... thnx :)
Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
Quote from the above link: "Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them."

So clearly all online TRV applications are first looked at by CIC and then they decide where to move your application for processing. This tells me that there is centralized location where the first look takes place. Perhaps the issue in your case is where they moved your application to is busier than where they moved your girlfriend's application.

sweaterman

Sep 4, 2013
Hi o_Guy ... interesting information.... However, if it would work as it is described, then all the offices would have same average processing time, coz they should be able distribute load appropriately .... :D ... so I guess, the description you have mentioned is just wish...

I know the average processing time reported on their web pages, but it is completely useless, because 1) it is average, 2) it's counting also refused application (and I guess, refusing can be very fast), 3) It is average from one year period and as we know, employees are in strike since March. I guess, that "Total queue length" and "Processed by day" / "New per day" numbers would have much bigger value for all of us.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweaterman said:
Hi o_Guy ... interesting information.... However, if it would work as it is described, then all the offices would have same average processing time, coz they should be able distribute load appropriately .... :D ... so I guess, the description you have mentioned is just wish...

I know the average processing time reported on their web pages, but it is completely useless, because 1) it is average, 2) it's counting also refused application (and I guess, refusing can be very fast), 3) It is average from one year period and as we know, employees are in strike since March. I guess, that "Total queue length" and "Processed by day" / "New per day" numbers would have much bigger value for all of us.
Keep in mind that there are two types of TRV applications. There are online applications AND paper applications. All the offices do not get the same amount of paper applications. Therefore, all the offices do not have the same processing time.

Also, there are larger walk-out (i.e strike action) at the 15 busiest visa offices abroad. Whereas other visa offices are not as badly affected by this work dispute.

Paper applications are processed at the visa office you submitted to. No other choice. However, online applications first go to centeralized location and then CIC decides where to move that application for processing.

Quote from the above link: "Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them."

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
O_guy said:
Keep in mind that there are two types of TRV applications. There are online applications AND paper applications. All the offices do not get the same amount of paper applications. Therefore, all the offices do not have the same processing time.

Also, there are larger walk-out (i.e strike action) at the 15 busiest visa offices abroad. Whereas other visa offices are not as badly affected by this work dispute.

Paper applications are processed at the visa office you submitted to. No other choice. However, online applications first go to centeralized location and then CIC decides where to move that application for processing.

:)

sweaterman

Sep 4, 2013
So ok.. then.. it means, that CIC is doing really bad job when distributing online applications. Coz if they would send my application to same office, as my girlfriend application was directed too, I would have it already processed for at least ten days ....

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweaterman, I understand your frustration as I'm playing the waiting game as well. But it is hard to get mad at CIC because this is not normal situation. The ongoing strike complicates the situation.

sweaterman

Sep 4, 2013
I have to say, that I'm not frustrated (yet) ... and I won't be if they do not ask me for my passport within month... If they do, then I'll be most probably very frustrated each day twice, coz flight tickets are paid, everything ready, etc... and with no passport, I cannot even return home... just preparing for such situation by reading all the horror stories on FG, google, here...
I just wanted answer original question... of course, I do not know, but it is pretty clear, that it is not processed in Ottava.
Wish you good luck

sweaterman

Sep 4, 2013
Hmm, looks, like the queue is completely unpredictable... camzy123 have you applied in NY online for TRV visa? ... just for check

camzy123

Sep 9, 2013
really not good cuz i got refused since they needed more sufficient documents, they should have asked instead of just putting a refused / closed status. I applied at manila cic