+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Online TRV go to Ottawa first?

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
Hello All.
Thanks to everyone that took the time to give some advice on my spouses TRV application.
She is going to try again.
I am wondering how the online process works. After submitting the online application, is it reviewed in Ottawa first, and then sent to the designated CHC counsular section? Or does it directly go to the CHC visa section where the applicant resides?

Secondly, I want to ask if getting a support letter from my MP does really help with supporting documents.

Finally how much money should an applicant have for a two month visit to Canada? my wife had $6,000 CAD in her account and the VO concluded she didn't have enough funds for a two month visit.

Thanks

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chubster33 said:
Hello All.
Thanks to everyone that took the time to give some advice on my spouses TRV application.
I am wondering how the online process works. After submitting the online application, is it reviewed in Ottawa first, and then sent to the designated CHC counsular section? Or does it directly go to the CHC visa section where the applicant resides?

Secondly, I want to ask if getting a support letter from my MP does really help with supporting documents.

Finally how much money should an applicant have for a two month visit to Canada? my wife had $6,000 CAD in her account and the VO concluded she didn't have enough funds for a two month visit.

Thanks
Correct me if I"m wrong but you are the Canadian Citizen man inviting his wife from Ghana, right? I read your post a week ago and I think the fact that you have not applied spouse sponsorship for your wife is problematic. If I were a visa processing officer I would think you are up to something else. Perhaps you want to bring your wife here and then submit "in-land" spouse sponsorship and CIC knows that because they are smart. CIC doesn't allow short cuts. Submit "out-land" spouse sponsorship first and then apply for the visitor visa. Write Letter of Invitation telling CIC you have submitted spouse sponsorship and you want your wife while you are waiting for the spouse sponsorship to be processed.

1. Sure go ahead and include letter from your MP, it can't hurt. It can only help.
2. Yes, many people seem to think the online applications are processed in Ottawa
3. How much money you type in the application doesn't matter. The key thing is to send letter of employment showing your salary. If you want to go further, you can submit bank statement showing how much money you have in your account.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
I do not think online application processed all at Ottawa, if it would then member EXPAT105 wouldn't get his application approved in 4 hours? please see his posts.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto30 said:
I do not think online application processed all at Ottawa, if it would then member EXPAT105 wouldn't get his application approved in 4 hours? please see his posts.
Sadly, all the posts are not true. Some people lie. A legitimate CIC officer cannot go through all the documents in an application in 4 hours. Furthermore, up to 20,000 visa application are submitted every month, do you think your application will even be opened within 4 hours of submission?

What I heard on the news (I think it was CTV) is that there is a centralized location where all online applications are received. I do not know if that "centralized" location is Ottawa or not.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
But O_guy
I read in Globe and mail news, 20,000 applications processed in 15 visa offices each week(the one are on strike), so roughly 13-1500 app for each VO. so how many per day? it's some where between four to five hundred applications are prcessed in some larger VO's. So what do you think how many officers thay have to process 5 hundred application per week?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto30 said:
But O_guy
I read in Globe and mail news, 20,000 applications processed in 15 visa offices each week(the one are on strike), so roughly 13-1500 app for each VO. so how many per day? it's some where between four to five hundred applications are prcessed in some larger VO's. So what do you think how many officers thay have to process 5 hundred application per week?
No application gets looked at within 4 hours of submission because many other applications are ahead of it. This was the case even before the strike. These processing timelines are even worse now. You want to believe that someone's application was opened, read through every documents, decision reached, and decision entered in the immigration computer all within 4 hours. Please use common sense.

Chubster33

Jun 3, 2013
Hello O-guy
Thanks for the Update.
My wife's employer paid for her MBA. The contract she aggreed to, was to work for them for two years. She has more year to work for them.
after her visit, she will return to work and the outland sponsorhip will begin. she owns land and rental property in a Ghana. I wanted her to visit first.

Finally

Aug 13, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Will be waived
Nomination.....
Soon
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
Will be waived
Med's Done....
Will be waived
Interview........
Will be waived
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Chubster33 said:
Hello All.

Thanks
From my own experience, it doesn't go to the CHC consular section where the applicant resides (I combined my online study permit application with my wife's visitor's visa application in mid July and the CHC office where she lives confirmed in writing a few days ago that it's not with them. I received my study permit -apparently processed in Vegreville- in mid August). However, if you/your wife submitted an online application, it may be treated as "outland." The only chance mine has of being considered an "inland application" if at all, is that I combined with my application for extending my study permit. If you get hold of an e-mail for Ottawa, please share. The guys at the call centre have been giving me conflicting information.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chubster33 said:
Hello O-guy
Thanks for the Update.
My wife's employer paid for her MBA. The contract she aggreed to, was to work for them for two years. She has more year to work for them.
after her visit, she will return to work and the outland sponsorhip will begin. she owns land and rental property in a Ghana. I wanted her to visit first.
I have two points:

1. According to the CIC website, "out-land" spouse sponsorship to Ghana takes 14 months (this doesn't even take the current strike into account). So you can submit the out-land sponsorship application today and by the time it comes through, your wife's contract with her employer will be over. Besides, when the Permanent Residence comes through as a result of this spouse sponsorship, there is no law that says she must leave Ghana right away.

2. You mentioned that your wife was denied visitor visa. When you made that application, did you include a letter from her employer saying they paid for her MBA and they have contract with her? I strongly believe that if you include such a letter, she would not be denied visitor visa.

expat105

Jul 24, 2011
O_guy said:
No application gets looked at within 4 hours of submission because many other applications are ahead of it. This was the case even before the strike. These processing timelines are even worse now. You want to believe that someone's application was opened, read through every documents, decision reached, and decision entered in the immigration computer all within 4 hours. Please use common sense.
With all due respect, as the person whose application was processed in that timeframe, I beg to differ. My case is pretty straightforward - very frequent travel history to Canada (>50 visits), 8 previous TRVs (plus a student permit and work permit) over the last 20+ years and straightforward supporting documentation. I also submitted the application on a weekday during business hours Nairobi time (as a resident of Somalia, my "local" visa office is Nairobi).

The last TRV that I received a few years ago (in-person application at Accra) was submitted at 1045am and collected at 1pm the same day. So that took even less time than this one did. Now I just have to wait for DHL's lethargic service into Somalia to actually deliver my passport back!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expat105 said:
With all due respect, as the person whose application was processed in that timeframe, I beg to differ. My case is pretty straightforward - very frequent travel history to Canada (>50 visits), 8 previous TRVs (plus a student permit and work permit) over the last 20+ years and straightforward supporting documentation. I also submitted the application on a weekday during business hours Nairobi time (as a resident of Somalia, my "local" visa office is Nairobi).

The last TRV that I received a few years ago (in-person application at Accra) was submitted at 1045am and collected at 1pm the same day. So that took even less time than this one did. Now I just have to wait for DHL's lethargic service into Somalia to actually deliver my passport back!
In order for the visa officer to see your "travel history", he would have to actually get to your application and read through it. No application is opened within 4 hours of submission due to the back-log of applications even before the strike. STOP LYING TO PEOPLE. You just want to upset other people who have been waiting for months.

expat105

Jul 24, 2011
O_guy said:
In order for the visa officer to see your "travel history", he would have to actually get to your application and read through it. No application is opened within 4 hours of submission due to the back-log of applications even before the strike. STOP LYING TO PEOPLE. You just want to upset other people who have been waiting for months.
Seriously dude, get a life. This forum is intended to share experiences and I was pleased to share a positive data point here rather than the many doom-and-gloom stories. I don't appreciate being called a liar. My application was processed on the same day I submitted it (Aug 21). Whether this is due to my profile, just blind luck or the fact that I'm probably one of only a tiny handful of TRV applicants from Somalia, I don't know. I'm just sharing the info - ignore it or accept it as you will.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
expat105 said:
Seriously dude, get a life. This forum is intended to share experiences and I was pleased to share a positive data point here rather than the many doom-and-gloom stories. I don't appreciate being called a liar. My application was processed on the same day I submitted it (Aug 21). Whether this is due to my profile, just blind luck or the fact that I'm probably one of only a tiny handful of TRV applicants from Somalia, I don't know. I'm just sharing the info - ignore it or accept it as you will.
On July 24th at 2:03pm, you wrote on a form on this website saying, “I am 33 yrs old and currently reside and work (completely legally) outside my country of citizenship. I have worked in this country for the last 6.5 years, the first 5+ years with one employer and for the last 9 months with a different employer in the same country.” Then you went on to say, “I am a graduate of two Canadian institutions (one a full-time undergraduate residential course.” You concluded saying you had applied for TRV and you were denied.

Then in less than a month, you claim you had applied for TRV again FROM SOMALIA and you got in 4 hours.

First of all, civil war has destroyed Somalia since 1991. In fact, it is the only nation on the planet which the UN considers to be a “failed state”. So why the hell would you be living and working there when it is not your country of citizenship? Secondly, there has never been internet infrastructure in Somalia and therefore, it is simply not possible that you applied online. Third, if you graduated from Canadian institution, why would you leave Canada and go to a war torn FAILED STATE? Instead, why didn't you apply for PR on the Canadian Experience class?

Yes, you are lying and sadly, some people aimlessly believe what they read on these forms.

expat105

Jul 24, 2011
O_guy said:
On July 24th at 2:03pm, you wrote on a form on this website
It would help if you checked the date stamp on that. It was JULY 24th 2011 - viz. over 2 years ago. Back then I was living and working in Ghana. That denial was subsequently resolved by an issuance (2 year multi TRV) upon reapplication, a visa that has now recently expired. Hence the need for me to apply for another TRV in August 2013.

O_guy said:
First of all, civil war has destroyed Somalia since 1991. In fact, it is the only nation on the planet which the UN considers to be a “failed state”. So why the hell would you be living and working there when it is not your country of citizenship? Secondly, there has never been internet infrastructure in Somalia and therefore, it is simply not possible that you applied online. Third, if you graduated from Canadian institution, why would you leave Canada and go to a war torn FAILED STATE? Instead, why didn't you apply for PR on the Canadian Experience class?
I hope you realise that there are numerous international agencies working in Somalia and there are literally thousands of expats here in Mogadishu alone. Internet is everywhere, both via satellite link (which is what my company uses) as well as via local providers. Your doom and gloom about Somalia is a few years out of date.

Finally, not that its any of your business to begin with, I didn't apply for PR because I didn't want to live and work in Canada. In my field of work, there are very limited real opportunities in Canada. I was not interested in becoming a Canadian citizen and getting nailed on ridiculously high amounts of taxes on my income when I can retain my birth citizenship and take home a bigger chunk of my earnings. I still visit Canada regularly as I have family, friends and business interests there - but I have no plans of living there permanently. There are places in the world with much better weather where my savings give me a much higher quality of life.

I won't be holding my breath for your apology, but I'm happy to accept it via PM if you don't want to post it publicly. :p

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually what I know about Somalia is very current as my family is from there and my father still lives there.

Somalia is smaller than Ontario and yet it doesn't have one government ruling it. It has different warlords ruling different areas of that tiny country. Somalia is a tiny war torn country. You are telling people you didn't want to live in Canada and would rather work and live in the only "failed state" in the world.

There is no internet infrastructure in Somalia and it is not safe enough for international agencies to be there. STOP LYING TO PEOPLE.