N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 30-10-2014
LANDED..........
15-11-2014
harneetsarai said:
Got the job letter but it does not have job duties included.
What can be done? Should I just apply?
Hi

The job duties in the letter are used to verify the NOC you are using in the application.

Although there may be cases where a letter is missing and they receive PR I would not expect this to happen without other checks. I would expect the VO to at least call the company to verify the duties over the phone.

If there is a refusal, as someone else has mentioned, do you have this refusal in writing?

Thx

A

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
yeah.. a co worker can give him a letter for sure.

They do not give the copy of the contract or any offer letter to the employee as their policy.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DO you have the REFUSAL to provide job duties in WRITING?

It is important - if you cannot provide what CIC is asking for, you need to provide a letter of explanation supported by evidence -

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
No the manager is not ready to provide anything else.
The letter that he gave states his start date, salary, job title and hours per week.

If he gets the reference letter from his co workers and supervisor, Is that good enough?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
harneetsarai said:
If he gets the reference letter from his co workers and supervisor, Is that good enough?
Direct supervisor would even be better than a higher-up manager as he/she knows more about what you do. It's a job REFERENCE letter. Technically anyone in your company who knows what you do in your job can refer you. Managers sound more credible because of their title, but supervisors/team leaders should also be fine!

One potential issue would be that CIC requires company letter head, i.e. an official letter from the company. It could be a problem if your company forbids anyone but managers to issue official letters, due to possible legal complications.

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harneetsarai said:
Hello,

My Fiance did not get the letter of employment from his job, as they are not ready to give till the end of January.

He has worked with another company for 4 months and then switched his job. He has a work experience of 8 months in the present company. So. a total of 12 months work experience.

He has a letter of employment from the previous company of 4 months and has all pay stubs from the current company but no letter of employment. He has his T4 and also the NOA.

Can he still apply for his PR? If yes, are there any special requirements to replace with the letter of employment?
Any chances of rejection, for not having the letter of employment?

Thanks in advance.

are you sure you distinguish the offer letter with reference letter ?

offer letter is just support doc , T4 and CRA tax assessment can replace it totally.

reference letter, any company you worked would help you to give one which used to prove you once worked here for what and how long , what's paid.

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
yes I understand a letter head of the company must be required.

I will have to check that tomorrow with the supervisor if he can do that.

Thanks so much for all your advise.. very much appreciate it. :)

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_1304 said:
Yes He can
My Company also Don't provide LOE but In my GCMS note VO passed my eligibility. (Many of my friend got PR without LOE )
BUT I CAAN'T ASSURE 100% THIS WILL WORK IT ALL DEPEND ON VO AND COMPANY REPUTATION

Coming to point , what I did
- Submit T4/NOA for qualifying period
- Denying mail printout stating from his manager as per company policy (or what ever reason) they can't issue LOE. - This play a Big role in my case :)
- While sending Application write detail explanation why he can't able to attach LOE from 2nd company
- Company letter stating his designation, Hr of working per week and salary (I believe company at least issue this to him ) - Please note this is required otherwise VO can have some doubt
- Offer letter/WP ext Offer letter copy

Good Luck
This doesnt seem to be working for me , I got my GCMS and the officer doesnt seem convinced heres what he says :

"There is no evidence on file that clearly indicate that the PA met any of these the actions in the lead statement or any of the main duties in the selected NOC, I note that duties in LOA appear to better match under noc..., which would be ineligible NOC code"

I had the the letter from employer and had included the duties, though not all of them because employer was too f..ing nervous to write but still I explained everything in the cover letter, really upset :(

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
harneetsarai said:
supervisor, Is that good enough?
That is who the letter should be from.

ShriJ

Dec 1, 2014
If letter has to be taken from Manager/colleague, it may not be on company letterhead. It will be on plain paper. Is it fine?
I have below documents

1. Employment verification letter : This have joining date, my gross salary and my address
2. Reference letter : Got letter from Manager on plain paper. My manager's role is Lead consultant (and not some manager). Hope this should be fine
3. I have mail from HR which states that company don't provide letter with job duties.

Is this good? Should I also attach business card of my manager which have company name his role.

NIS

Jan 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08-08-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2014
Med's Request
06-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
10-11-2014
ShriJ said:
If letter has to be taken from Manager/colleague, it may not be on company letterhead. It will be on plain paper. Is it fine?
I have below documents

1. Employment verification letter : This have joining date, my gross salary and my address
2. Reference letter : Got letter from Manager on plain paper. My manager's role is Lead consultant (and not some manager). Hope this should be fine
3. I have mail from HR which states that company don't provide letter with job duties.

Is this good? Should I also attach business card of my manager which have company name his role.
If possible, add job offer letter, and a copy of job duties mentioned for your position in your company website(if available) and a copy of job advertisement for your position(if you have any).

ShriJ

Dec 1, 2014
NIS said:
If possible, add job offer letter, and a copy of job duties mentioned for your position in your company website(if available) and a copy of job advertisement for your position(if you have any).
Thanks. I will add offer letter however, offer letter has one manager's name whose role is Senior project Manager. I am taking reference letter from another manager whose role is Lead consultant. Will there be any issue? Should I mention that he is my lead instead of manager in case there is any issue?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ShriJ said:
I have below documents

Yes, attach your manager's business card - I think you're OK then.