+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do not have letter of employment

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
Hello,

My Fiance did not get the letter of employment from his job, as they are not ready to give till the end of January.

He has worked with another company for 4 months and then switched his job. He has a work experience of 8 months in the present company. So. a total of 12 months work experience.

He has a letter of employment from the previous company of 4 months and has all pay stubs from the current company but no letter of employment. He has his T4 and also the NOA.

Can he still apply for his PR? If yes, are there any special requirements to replace with the letter of employment?
Any chances of rejection, for not having the letter of employment?

Thanks in advance.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who is the primary applicant and dependant?

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Letter of employment that details duties, salary, and hours worked are very important. Without that letter, I don't think there is any chance at all to be even considered. When exactly did he start at the current company?

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
ohhh.. he started in the current company in January and has worked for 4 months in the previous company for which he has the letter of employment for those 4 months.

Is there any chance?

Thanks for your replies.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He started in the current company in January and he has only 8 months of work. The number doesnt add up here. Can you tell us more details? We need more info here...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
harneetsarai said:
Can he still apply for his PR? If yes, are there any special requirements to replace with the letter of employment?
What is the reason for not giving this until January?

Yes, chances are very good at being refused for not having a letter of employment. The letter of employment is the main piece of evidence for the job duties that your husband has performed. This is how CIC determines whether he has the required skilled work experience, or not.

Some people have succeeded, nonetheless. You would need:

1) Proof that your employer refuses to provide the Letter of Employment (e.g. print out of an email or policy)
2) Alternative documentation for the start date, job duties, hours worked, and salary. You have proof of salary, what about the rest? (E.g contract or other agreement about the job duties/roles and responsibilities)

You should be aware that there is a statement on the CIC website (in the wrong place) that the cap on CEC applications has been reached; if that is confirmed, then he would need to apply in January anyway under the Express Entry system.

ShriJ

Dec 1, 2014
I have letter of employment from company which contains my date of joining. My company dont give supporting letter which have salary, hours/week, etc. I got that letter from my manager but its not on company letterhead. I am attaching company card on my PM which shows his designation. Will it work?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
harneetsarai said:
Hello,

My Fiance did not get the letter of employment from his job, as they are not ready to give till the end of January.

He has worked with another company for 4 months and then switched his job. He has a work experience of 8 months in the present company. So. a total of 12 months work experience.

He has a letter of employment from the previous company of 4 months and has all pay stubs from the current company but no letter of employment. He has his T4 and also the NOA.

Thanks in advance.
Yes He can
My Company also Don't provide LOE but In my GCMS note VO passed my eligibility. (Many of my friend got PR without LOE )
BUT I CAAN'T ASSURE 100% THIS WILL WORK IT ALL DEPEND ON VO AND COMPANY REPUTATION

Coming to point , what I did
- Submit T4/NOA for qualifying period
- Denying mail printout stating from his manager as per company policy (or what ever reason) they can't issue LOE. - This play a Big role in my case :)
- While sending Application write detail explanation why he can't able to attach LOE from 2nd company
- Company letter stating his designation, Hr of working per week and salary (I believe company at least issue this to him ) - Please note this is required otherwise VO can have some doubt
- Offer letter/WP ext Offer letter copy

Good Luck

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ShriJ said:
I have letter of employment from company which contains my date of joining. My company dont give supporting letter which have salary, hours/week, etc. I got that letter from my manager but its not on company letterhead. I am attaching company card on my PM which shows his designation. Will it work?
It's certainly a lot better than no letter of employment. I think it will be fine, but you should also submit proof that your company will not allow it (e.g. explain why the letter is not on Letterhead). the fact that your manager wrote is fine.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
harneetsarai said:
Got the job letter but it does not have job duties included.
What can be done? Should I just apply?
Job duties are what allows CIC to determine whether the work experience was skilled. They are crucial. Do you have anything else that can prove what he did?

harneetsarai

Dec 2, 2014
No, nothing else and the manager denies to include them in the letter.
Not sure what to do next?

Thanks so much for your quick replies.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Do you have the refusal in writing, like an email that you can print out? If so, include that with an explanation.

Does he have a contract that specifies job duties? Or job offer letter?

How about a co-worker that is willing to provide a letter?