Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
qorax said:
Rents might be similar, but salaries r not. Its way higher, for example in the UAE. And cost of living is at least 50% less. Thats why Canadians r targeting the UAE and all the English teachers there r Canadians.

Dear Marcus,

u have been in Canada for 3 months only! we all were prepared that we would not get a job for at least the first year. you should have prepared urself financially before taking the descion of quitting ur job and move to Canada. best of luck finding a good job.
Just wow Captain! Thanks for listing these factors down for some confused members like me :)
+1 for you (as always :))

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ammaartahir said:
Just wow Captain! Thanks for listing these factors down for some confused members like me :)
Thanx buddy, and reciprocated.
Though 'Mancilla' is still going strong, LOL !

A.Ace

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/3/2012
Nomination.....
11/4/2012
AOR Received.
29/5/2012
Med's Request
18/7/2012
Med's Done....
5/8/12
Passport Req..
18/7/12
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/12
LANDED..........
ASAP
Such an awesome post from Qorax, must be made sticky in this forum under new thread "Why one must come to Canada".I'm looking forward to meet you once I get there,BTW where Qorax resides?.

Shaukat57

Nov 3, 2010
Multan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
AOR Received.
29-03-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted along with application
File Transfer...
08-04-2011(RBVO) ,In-process with processing date:18 -o6-12
Med's Request
April 02,2013.
Med's Done....
29-April-2013
Interview........
Waived,Alhamdulillah
Passport Req..
PPR-1 at 09-10-13, PPR-2 at 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
On-line Status:Decision Made at 26-10-13
LANDED..........
Planning
ammaartahir said:
Great,
Simple but Logical.
Salute to u Captin

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I think Canada needs more investors so can create more jobs for immigrants....

glowingheart

May 27, 2010
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 26 2010
Doc's Request.
July 27 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 19 2010
IELTS Request
done before application
File Transfer...
Aug 4 2010
Med's Request
March 12 2012
Med's Done....
March 30 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan 10 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 17 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 25 2013
sunsun said:
I think Canada needs more investors so can create more jobs for immigrants....
come to Aberta there are tons of jobs here
in fact there is no labour here

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
No labour here? What do you mean?

Allegra66

Star Member
Aug 4, 2011
For those jumping down Marcus' throat, he is only voicing his opinion. I believe many people on this forum prefer for the grass to be greener on the other side but reality isn't always so unfortunately!! I understand his frustration as in Canada, your skills and qualifications are not recognised even when you are from a western country. Most immigrants end up attending tertiary colleges for a number of years to gain qualifications which may or may not get them work.

In Canada, it is more about knowing the right people as Networking is favoured against actual skills and talent. This can be frustrating for a young individual like Marcus who despite willing to take on mediocre roles, is still not finding the jobs. Cost of living is very expensive and most people I find live on lines of credit and credit cards which is not a panacea to one's problems.

Having said this, as in any move to a different country, it will take some years to start to see results so would tell you to hang in there. As for those who are expecting miracles when they arrive, this is just a warning for people to be aware of and not see things through a rose coloured glass. You cannot keep being blinkered in your outlook as this is what then brings about the shocker on arrival.

What one can take from Marcus' experience is to ensure that you are prepared for anything and not expecting too much too soon.

Good Luck to all.

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
@Allegra66 : Agree....

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
clubcanada said:
@ glowingheart:
If Canada has worked well for you, good for you! At the same time we need to accept that Canada might not be a fit for everybody due to numerous reasons (working background, culture, expectations, etc.) or they hadn't had a good start as yours.

Everyone has the right to post his/her own opinion and experience whether it's positive or negative. And believe it or not: negative comments and experiences sometimes are more helpful than glorification of Canada. So please do us all a favour and stop posting abusive and offensive comments like those above.
Very well said!! +1 for you!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Allegra66 said:
For those jumping down Marcus' throat, he is only voicing his opinion. I believe many people on this forum prefer for the grass to be greener on the other side but reality isn't always so unfortunately!! I understand his frustration as in Canada, your skills and qualifications are not recognised even when you are from a western country. Most immigrants end up attending tertiary colleges for a number of years to gain qualifications which may or may not get them work.

In Canada, it is more about knowing the right people as Networking is favoured against actual skills and talent. This can be frustrating for a young individual like Marcus who despite willing to take on mediocre roles, is still not finding the jobs. Cost of living is very expensive and most people I find live on lines of credit and credit cards which is not a panacea to one's problems.

Having said this, as in any move to a different country, it will take some years to start to see results so would tell you to hang in there. As for those who are expecting miracles when they arrive, this is just a warning for people to be aware of and not see things through a rose coloured glass. You cannot keep being blinkered in your outlook as this is what then brings about the shocker on arrival.

What one can take from Marcus' experience is to ensure that you are prepared for anything and not expecting too much too soon.

Good Luck to all.
well said, however...I do blame our Canadian incompetent government
Look at the market needs for physicians and how many of them end up working any job to survive while they have already struggled and passed their exams...
The bottom line is there are huge dreams and highly educated immigrants do not wish to be confronted with the reality.

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
First of all, the Canadian university system is really quite fine -- it combines a few excellent institutions with many fine general institutions, all at an affordable price. It meshes smoothly with the U.S. system, is very similar to it, and it is silly to call it inferior.

Really?!! Please have a look at this article; here's the link:http://www.macleans.ca/article.jsp?content=20070209_174847_6984&source=srch

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Rents might be similar, but salaries r not. Its way higher, for example in the UAE. And cost of living is at least 50% less. Thats why Canadians r targeting the UAE and all the English teachers there r Canadians.

Dear Marcus,

u have been in Canada for 3 months only! we all were prepared that we would not get a job for at least the first year. you should have prepared urself financially before taking the descion of quitting ur job and move to Canada. best of luck finding a good job.
qorax, would you give us a brief idea about yourself?

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
Allegra66 said:

Good Luck to all.
What a wonderfully balanced and down-to-earth summary of the issue!

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ADUFE said:
What a wonderfully balanced and down-to-earth summary of the issue!
Yes, i agree with you. He has put everything in a straight forward simple English. I am going to Canada for the sake of my child. If it was for myself, i will stay where i am for the moment and move to my home town.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.