IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
I'm a principle applicant.my spouse and my child is accompanying with me. Do my spouse need to learn frnece language. guys tell me
thanks in advance

I'm applying from Nepal.I proceed my application in aug-2007. till now I've got file number; nothing improvment. how long will it take to call an interview for CSQ. I'm very confuse about the time taken.
and last questiong

what is the probabilty of geting visa after receiving a CSQ .

thanks friends.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
It will be easier because many quebecois do not speak english,Dont forget our Prime Minister repeatedly state Quebec is a nation within a United Canada,They have their own National Assembly,Culture and History.Dont worry the the Bloc has pledged to start issuing Passports if they come to power,So you will have 2 passports 1 Quebec and 1 Canadian,Francophones are their priority since Quebec only has 1 Official Language French,Only one Language is used in Schools and Business French,Try to learn French .Good Luck

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
Yeah-- like the bloc has a chance in hell of ever coming to power. That'd be hilarious if it weren't so scary. BTW those many quebecois who "do not speak English" is because they choose not to, not because they can't. And it's not even real French-- just a dialect.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sure there are dialects in France too. By the way, what is real English?

I am sure some Quebecois pretend not to speak English when they have some knowledge of it but so do many other people who speak limited English. It's not just about not wanting to, for many people it's also being shy, feeling uncomfortable speaking a foreign language, making mistakes, getting laughed at, not getting their point across etc.

I know with a lot of my immigrant coworkers, they come from countries where I know they took English in school and many of them still have very limited English when they arrive and they are not pretending, they really can't understand and don't have the vocabulary to make themselves understood but being here, they learn. The Quebecois is like them in their home country where maybe they did take English in school but once they leave school and never have to use it again, they forget very quickly.

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
Leon-- Yes learn French if you want to live in Quebec. However the "insecurity" of the Quebecois in speaking English comes from wanting to be a country when they're not. It's more like arrogance-- refusing to speak English-- and quite frankly it's silly. I'm glad we have a French part of Canada-- it adds to the diversity that makes us so much cooler than say, the US. However Quebec is just that-- a PART of Canada. Speak whatever language you're comfortable with-- just don't think you're too cool to speak English simply because you're from Quebec.

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
Oh yes, Leon, btw I am told (esp when I lived in Britain years ago) that the purest form of English is that spoken in Inverness, Scotland. This from linguists and having lived an hour or so from there for a time I would say it's easily understood and very pleasant to the ear.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I tell you the truth man, not everybody speaks English. When I immigrated to Canada, I assumed that if you had taken English in school, there was no reason for not speaking it. Now I see things differently.

One of my coworkers was married to a woman from Quebec and he said he also used to think they don't speak English because they don't want to but after he got married to one of them and started going there on vacations and meeting her relatives, he realized that many of them really don't know it. I have also gotten to know a lot of my German coworkers and I know they have English in school but many of them are still very limited. It's really not that they know and refuse, if they were back home in Germany and I was coming over there, they very likely would refuse but only because they know so little, it's very hard for them. Now that they are here, they have to try.

The Quebecois don't have to try. They are at home. If you go visit them, you have no right to demand that they speak English to you nor can they demand that you speak French to them if they come to your home town. And that's what we get for having two official languages :)

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Just checked the PM s website,The Official position of the Goverment of Canada is that Quebec is a nation within a United Canada,This is the official Liberal,Conservative and NDP position unanimously approved in Parliament.So I guess if the Bloc ever takes power in quebec,They can really issue passports