+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to submit additional documents if I change jobs?

stargazer28

Dec 17, 2012
Hi there,

I sent out my PR application under CEC category in August and I received the FN in September. I recently changed to a different job and moved to a different city. I am currently using my old phone number.

on the cover page of CEC application, it says it is the applicant's responsibility to notify CIC of changes in address,email address, contact information, family status, and education but it doesn't say "changes in employment". Does anyone know if I need to ask my current employer for the same reference letter that I submitted with my application? I am a little bit reluctant to do so because 1)my new job falls under a different noc code; 2) my old reference letter is very consistent with the description of the noc code that I was using but I don't think my new job will be consistent with the new code that I will be using. If the letter issued by my new employer is not of "good quality" of my old one, I will be faced with another dilemma of whether submitting it or not.

I am also thinking of not updating my current address. if i don't submit an employment letter from my new employer, will changing of address indicate change of employment or status?

I have been thinking over the issue for a couple of weeks so any help that you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
You don't need to update your job status. Your eligibility with the CIC class is at the time of application for the work experience you listed on the form.

They may call the person on your reference letter to confirm your prior job, but once you didn't misrepresent that, you should be fine.

You should however update your address in case they decide to mail you anything.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
stargazer28 said:
on the cover page of CEC application, it says it is the applicant's responsibility to notify CIC of changes in address,email address, contact information, family status, and education but it doesn't say "changes in employment".

If it doesn't say it, then you don't need it.

Does anyone know if I need to ask my current employer for the same reference letter that I submitted with my application?

No. In the CEC program, your application is based on your qualifcations on the date that you applied. What happens after is immaterial (unless it is illegal).'

You are REQUIRED to change your address. It has no implications other than you changed your address.

stargazer28

Dec 17, 2012
just phoned cic this morning and was verified with 2 call centre agents that no additional information regarding change of employment is required after the application is submitted but need to update address. only apply to cec thou.

abdul12345

Feb 7, 2013
stargazer28 said:
just phoned cic this morning and was verified with 2 call centre agents that no additional information regarding change of employment is required after the application is submitted but need to update address. only apply to cec thou.
hey stargazer,

I am in a similar situation. I quit my employment recently. i am waiting on my medical reports. my laywer says i can inform the visa office about resigning from my job later on after i send my MR. However in my AOR it said the following:

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

What do you think? Should I inform them about resigning from my job later on after MR. Or should I let them know right away?

Thanks,

Vickyndm

Oct 13, 2022
hey stargazer,

I am in a similar situation. I quit my employment recently. i am waiting on my medical reports. my laywer says i can inform the visa office about resigning from my job later on after i send my MR. However in my AOR it said the following:

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc). Please include a letter identifying what the changes are and any relevant supporting documents. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

What do you think? Should I inform them about resigning from my job later on after MR. Or should I let them know right away?

Thanks,
Hi , I was wondering under which EE stream did you apply , because my AOR doesn't mention anything about a new occupation. ( I applied under CEC )

Harikrishan220

Mar 4, 2024
Hello I have submit my file to ircc on 20 December and I loose my job 15 Feb . I was fired because I was late to my work most of time 1 to 5 min late but they were abusing, pressuring me about time all time .i even could not able to sleep because they have pressured me allot . Every night my manager texted me to about timer at Tim Hortons like 15 sec , 16 sec in an hour average. It was so difficult. Once I said I am in lot of pressure they let me go . My nomination expires in feb 27 . I have pnp through rural renew stream . I have told to city and pnp about my new job I got . I have same job noc is also same . But I am not getting endorsement letter yet from anyone .
My question is if I have same job and I am working under same community and I already let pnp know but I still did not get their reply back . I am worried so much now . Should I tell ircc right away or I can wait till pnp reply me back what to do ? My pnp says no restrictions on employment and it’s depend on job offer . I have done my biometric yesterday . Please provide me genuine answer that i can wait till pnp let me know and alberta pnp change conditions of pnp is that also apply on my file but I got nomination 7 months ago.
Thank you