+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to submit a new police certificates

Humblelady

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I want to submit a spouse sponsorship application. I had done my police certificates in Nigeria 2 years old and the one in the United states as well. Can I use this same certificates or I need to do the whole thing again? I have not travelled outside Canada since the last time I requested my police certificate. please help!
I read this somewhere "For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client visited that country. If a police certificate was issued for a past country you lived in and you visit the country again during the immigration process, you will need another updated police certificate from that country".
Thank you

frange

May 25, 2018
I think that you need another one which duration is 6 months or less. I am not sure about it; but less than 2 years.
The process you just describe above is for the citizenship application.

RP versus Citizenship: Requirements are not the same.

Princewill442

Dec 1, 2023
Hello please can anyone advise, I just got my Nigeria police certificate mailed from Nigeria, i want to know if it’s compulsory to get it authenticated in the Nigerian embassy before submitting it for PR application?