+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need to renew my study permit with these conditions... Please give me your thoughts

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hi Dear all,

I have a study permit that will expire exactly on 01.01.2023 and my studies will end in winter 2022, I think around December 20 to 25. Now should I apply for study permit extension?
I have heard that if I apply for PGWP before my study permit expires, then I won't be needing to extend my study permit, it this true?
and if it is, since I need a letter of completion or transcripts for applying for PGWP, it is possible that since winter semester ends near the new year and because of Christmas holidays, one of the professors publish the final result later that 01.01.2023, so what should I do in this case?
what do you suggest overall and thank you in advance for your kind answers.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi Dear all,

I have a study permit that will expire exactly on 01.01.2023 and my studies will end in winter 2022, I think around December 20 to 25. Now should I apply for study permit extension?
I have heard that if I apply for PGWP before my study permit expires, then I won't be needing to extend my study permit, it this true?
and if it is, since I need a letter of completion or transcripts for applying for PGWP, it is possible that since winter semester ends near the new year and because of Christmas holidays, one of the professors publish the final result later that 01.01.2023, so what should I do in this case?
what do you suggest overall and thank you in advance for your kind answers.
In your situation, Apply to extend

Reactions: sbenyamin

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020

hellohelp111

Apr 11, 2022
Extend your study permit,
Talk to the administration, international student responsables of your school, or even your teachers, let them know of your situation, and the urgency of it, also prepare the application for PGWP in advance, renew your passport in needed, fill in the forms and wait for final transcripts
Good luck

Reactions: sbenyamin

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Extend your study permit,
Talk to the administration, international student responsables of your school, or even your teachers, let them know of your situation, and the urgency of it, also prepare the application for PGWP in advance, renew your passport in needed, fill in the forms and wait for final transcripts
Good luck
So paying 350$ and restoring my status after expiry of study permit is not a good option?