dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Do I need the following?

Sponsor

1. Photocopy of marriage certificate
2. Medical condition statement?

Principal Applicant

1. Additional family information? I am only sponsoring my spouse.
2. Travel Documents and passport

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Sponsor, Yes you need M. cert and for the medical your DMP should have sent the resuls to the canadian authories

Applicant... you need the additional family formand copy of passport info. page

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
vic.aj said:
Sponsor, Yes you need M. cert and for the medical your DMP should have sent the resuls to the canadian authories

Applicant... you need the additional family formand copy of passport info. page
Really? But it says ' Photocopy of your marriage certificate, if you have a co-signer and he or she is your spouse.' (I don't have a co-signer)

And 'Medical Condition Statement, if a dependent child in your application is your son or daughter'. ( I don't have kids I'm only sponsoring my spouse)

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Yes you have a co-signer your spouse... which ever way you look at it you need to send a marriage cert with your application...
if your not sponsoring any kids in the app. there is no need for med condition statement.. I know cos i didnt send any in my application

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
vic.aj said:
Yes you have a co-signer your spouse... which ever way you look at it you need to send a marriage cert with your application...
if your not sponsoring any kids in the app. there is no need for med condition statement.. I know cos i didnt send any in my application
My co-signer is my spouse? I don't understand. I thought co-signers are someone who is signing on your behalf to sponsor. But I'm the one sponsoring my spouse...

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You do not have a co-signer, you are sponsoring your spouse. The copy of the marriage certificate is needed, but since you will be providing it to establish the relationship of the applicant to the sponsor, you don't need it again as part of the sponsor's documents.

The principal applicant MUST fill in the additional family information form (IMM5406) for her children (N/A if there are none), parents and siblings (brothers, sisters, half and step included). That form is NOT optional!

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
there are parts of the forms where you and your spouse will sign... hence co-signer... im the applicant and the sponsor(my wife) didnt you any representative... they just want to see proof of your relationship together

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yo do not have a co signer as u are sponsoring ur spouse the marriage certificate is proof of your relationship to the principal applicant and they `submit` that

also the principal applicant fills out the additional family section with their mom dad bro sis and additional dependant if applicable

a copy of your spouse passport lisiting their details so normally the pg with the pic pp no. etc and other travel documents that they may need to come to canada

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vic.aj said:
there are parts of the forms where you and your spouse will sign... hence co-signer... im the applicant and the sponsor(my wife) didnt you any representative... they just want to see proof of your relationship together
NO your spouse is ONLY your co-signer for parental or other sponsorship the OP is sponsoring their spouse so their spouse is NOT a co-signer

I really hope you completed your forms correctly as based on the info you are given it looks like you may have over read the info

vic.aj

Star Member
Sep 16, 2011
Lol I did.... but the app. is goin smoothly until now.. we took like 5months double checkinh everything before sending in... paunful but worth it.. my wife got sponsorship approval, and i already recvd quebec slection certificate so now waiting for PPR...

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
CharlieD10 said:
You do not have a co-signer, you are sponsoring your spouse. The copy of the marriage certificate is needed, but since you will be providing it to establish the relationship of the applicant to the sponsor, you don't need it again as part of the sponsor's documents.

The principal applicant MUST fill in the additional family information form (IMM5406) for her children (N/A if there are none), parents and siblings (brothers, sisters, half and step included). That form is NOT optional!
How about travel documents? What are these about anyways? It says on the document checklist, 'If a dependent is not accompanying you, you do not need to submit these documents'

I know it's very clear but I'm asking because there's always SOMETHING.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Your spouse must submit the copy of her passport, yes. That is all they mean by "travel documents".

You say you are sponsoring only her, so there are no dependent's documents to worry about, are there?

dream99

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
CharlieD10 said:
Your spouse must submit the copy of her passport, yes. That is all they mean by "travel documents".

You say you are sponsoring only her, so there are no dependent's documents to worry about, are there?
I see, Thanks for clearing that up:)