+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I need police clearance certificate from my home country?

robih

Sep 3, 2015
Hello experts,

I have landed in Canada back in 2019'June and since then I did not visit any other countries. I have directly came from my home country to Canada and during my permanent residence application I submitted police clearance certificate. However, as now I am preparing for my citizenship paper work I got confused by the below question either I need police clearance certificate or not.

"Q10 (b): In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 days or more in a row (since the age of 18)?

Looks like the answer should be "Yes"

Now, if it is Yes, do I need to submit PCC along with my citizenship application?

"Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box."

From this note, it looks like I do not need to submit any PCC along with my citizenship application. Please confirm.

Thanks,

canspire

Star Member
Apr 30, 2022
South Sudan
"Note: If you were in your country or territory of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada and this time falls within this four (4) year period, you are not required to provide a police certificate. Please indicate this in the explanation box."
It is crystal clear here. No, you do not need to submit a PCC.

Reactions: snoopyta