+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need ECA for each degree i have?

saibabasai

Apr 8, 2015
Hello ,
Did any Bachelor of physiotherapist(4.5 years course) from india got their WES report ??
If so please tell me how many points u got for ECA .
Is it equivalent to professional degree needed to practice in licensed profession which gives 126 points.?

please reply its urgent.
thank you.

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
chantal111 said:
Do ECA for the Master only. Try to calculate ur points with the following tool and choose that u have master degree. U donot have to do ECA for ur bachelor because u will get the same point without mention the bachelor.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

i hope that can help you.good luck ☺
you are right that points will not be effected but the thing Bachelors ECA is also required thats what I have heard from many people I am myself have done Only masters ECA and created profile and I got 135 points but I am confused now as some people say its a supporting document you must have Bachelors ECA as well don't know what to do

manojsr

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,
this might be a stupid question as i just woke :p up to apply for Express entry.you can also direct me if this question is already answered

Question:I have a Masters degree from USA .i also have a Bachelors degree from India.Now do i need to have both my degrees approved from ECA ? or just having Master Degree (from USA ) approved from ECA will be enough to get points.

Please help.
Thank You
Well, it depends the country of your education. If your masters are from USA and Bachelors from India then my understanding is that only Master's evaluation should be sufficient. To confirm.. Read through this link about the document requirements based on the qualification and country of education --> http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
In which case you can use "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

ECA report only states my Masters as Canadian 3year equivalent. But i also have another post secondary diploma which is only mentioned in analysis of WES report.

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
rajpalneha36 said:
Hello All,
this might be a stupid question as i just woke :p up to apply for Express entry.you can also direct me if this question is already answered

Question:I have a Masters degree from USA .i also have a Bachelors degree from India.Now do i need to have both my degrees approved from ECA ? or just having Master Degree (from USA ) approved from ECA will be enough to get points.

Please help.
Thank You
YOU HAVE TO GET ALL POST SECONDARY DEGREES AND QUALIFICATIONS EVALUATED... MEANS, ALL EDUCATION DONE AFTER COMPLETING 12TH STANDARD ARE TO BE SENT FOR ASSESSMENT.... CHECK OUT WES WEBSITE - wes.org/ca/fswp/ ....

ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING THAT THEY HAVE GOT FULL POINTS BY JUST GIVING THEIR HIGHEST DEGREES MIGHT FACE REJECTION AFTER RECEIVING ITA... WHY TAKE THE CHANCE, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS CLEARLY MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE OF THE ASSESSING AUTHORITY..

AND, ONE CANNOT/MUST NOT CREATE AN EE PROFILE BEFORE GETTING EVERYTHING ASSESSED, THIS IS HOW SOME IDIOTS TAKE OTHERS PLACE, AND REJECT ITA... RETARDS.... GET YOUR DOCS TOGETHER, GET AN ASSESSMENT AND ENTER THE EE POOL...

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
Bhullar28 said:
YOU HAVE TO GET ALL POST SECONDARY DEGREES AND QUALIFICATIONS EVALUATED... MEANS, ALL EDUCATION DONE AFTER COMPLETING 12TH STANDARD ARE TO BE SENT FOR ASSESSMENT.... CHECK OUT WES WEBSITE - wes.org/ca/fswp/ ....

ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING THAT THEY HAVE GOT FULL POINTS BY JUST GIVING THEIR HIGHEST DEGREES MIGHT FACE REJECTION AFTER RECEIVING ITA... WHY TAKE THE CHANCE, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS CLEARLY MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE OF THE ASSESSING AUTHORITY..

AND, ONE CANNOT/MUST NOT CREATE AN EE PROFILE BEFORE GETTING EVERYTHING ASSESSED, THIS IS HOW SOME IDIOTS TAKE OTHERS PLACE, AND REJECT ITA... RETARDS.... GET YOUR DOCS TOGETHER, GET AN ASSESSMENT AND ENTER THE EE POOL...

HI there,
I have done only my masters ECA from WES, now what should I do ? Should I send my bachelors as well or need to send both masters and bachelors again ??

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need the highest education to be evaluated, thats it. This is specifically mentioned in the section asking you if you have a Canadian degree on EE profile. click on the question mark for more info and it tells you they need the highest. stop giving wrong info to others.

Good luck.

Dazed12

Apr 7, 2015
actually Bhullar28 if you go onto the WES website under FAQ they say that they can't tell you if you need to get all your degrees done or not, that you have to go to the CIC website. When I applied I put in my PhD and had that accredited. I added my BSc but did not get a WES form for that as well (its actually not possible to do a PhD without the other degree) so I put that it was not accredited and there didn't see to be any issue with that.

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
ARMANIZ said:
You need the highest education to be evaluated, thats it. This is specifically mentioned in the section asking you if you have a Canadian degree on EE profile. click on the question mark for more info and it tells you they need the highest. stop giving wrong info to others.

Good luck.
First of all, check all the websites and links associated with this whole Express Entry process - CIC guidelines, WES country specific document checklist, and the criteria for CRS scoring, before believing anybody.

- CIC Guidlines clearly mention that you have to get your Post-secondary education assessed (One might just construe that it is our highest degree)
- In WES, select your country, am talking about India, and it clearly mentions, in Documents required, that if you want to claim points for your highest degree, you must get ALL post-secondary degrees assessed as well.
- Lastly, and most importantly, check out all the CRS criteria and calculators and all the stuff on the internet... In SKILLS TRANSFERABILITY, to get 50 points in IELTS + Education, they ask for two or more post-secondary degrees.

What will you do in that case...??... Yes, you can just get your MBA assessed, but what about getting BE or BCom assessed..??... In CIC's eyes, you just have ONE post-secondary degree, hence, you lose major points in Skills Transferability, especially if you've worked hard to get CLB 9 and above in each section....

And, what is the harm.. they are not going to charge less for a single degree...

Many people are giving false information on these forums, am just trying to lay the facts down... Do research, if you don't believe me...

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Dazed12 said:
actually Bhullar28 if you go onto the WES website under FAQ they say that they can't tell you if you need to get all your degrees done or not, that you have to go to the CIC website. When I applied I put in my PhD and had that accredited. I added my BSc but did not get a WES form for that as well (its actually not possible to do a PhD without the other degree) so I put that it was not accredited and there didn't see to be any issue with that.
Yes, you are right about Human capital factor.... But what about Skill Transferability.... ???

Would you agree that, while getting a CRS score, we only get points for the things which we have proof of..??.. And, in case of education related points, CIC demands an ECA... Yes, you would get full points for PhD in Core human capital factors, but when it says, having two or more post-secondary degrees + IELTS (in Skill transferability), if you claim full points (just based on the assumption that, of course a master's or higher needs a graduation degree) you have a huge risk of getting a rejection after filing for Visa... without assessment, CIC doesn't recognizes any degree apart from your PhD... yes it is stupid and yes it happens...

In the end, what's the harm...??.. It's in the same cost... They're gonna do all the work, is this even worth a debate...??

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Bhullar28 said:
Yes, you are right about Human capital factor.... But what about Skill Transferability.... ???

Would you agree that, while getting a CRS score, we only get points for the things which we have proof of..??.. And, in case of education related points, CIC demands an ECA... Yes, you would get full points for PhD in Core human capital factors, but when it says, having two or more post-secondary degrees + IELTS (in Skill transferability), if you claim full points (just based on the assumption that, of course a master's or higher needs a graduation degree) you have a huge risk of getting a rejection after filing for Visa... without assessment, CIC doesn't recognizes any degree apart from your PhD... yes it is stupid and yes it happens...

In the end, what's the harm...??.. It's in the same cost... They're gonna do all the work, is this even worth a debate...??
So this is from the help section of CIC website:

"I have two degrees from outside Canada. Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment for both?

To get the most points possible for your education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, you should get your highest degree, diploma or certificate assessed (PhD, MA, BA).

If you have more than one credential, you may want to get both assessed if it would give you more points.
"

The way I interpret is - if I have a Masters degree which is my highest credential then it is ok if I just evaluate that one degree as it will give me the most points. On the other hand - if I have two Bachelors degree or a Bachelor and a diploma then I should evaluate both of them as together they give me more points (at "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" level) rather than just one Bachelors degree.

I agree that it doesn't cost anything extra thru WES for evaluating 2 credentials but for some people like myself it is just too much hassle to get all the documents ready for getting Bachelors evaluated. So I have just evaluated my Masters for now and have also got the full 126 points for Masters (with spouse) and full 50 points on skill transferability. Hope that helps!

Reactions: mtalwar18

The Robust

Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CAP REACHED
Doc's Request.
Applied in Express Entry
ARMANIZ said:

Good luck.
dear can you please share the link ?

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ACCORDING TO CIC:

Question help:
An Educational Credential Assessment is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. If your highest educational credential is from outside Canada, you will likely need to have it assessed. There are certain agencies that we have approved to do them.

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
So, to conclude this question;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=991&t=29

which says;

"To get the most points possible for your education under the Comprehensive Ranking System, you should get your highest degree, diploma or certificate assessed (PhD, MA, BA).

If you have more than one credential, you may want to get both assessed if it would give you more points."

That means if you have PhD assessed, you already got the highest point, and done!

Reactions: mtalwar18