+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i need ECA for each degree i have?

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only Master's would do.
I had an attorney to place my file before EE started under FSWP (as it was already November 2014, I was not able to submit file before December though )
He told me that only Master's need to be evaluated.

Best Regards,
Omsaiom

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
omsaiom said:
Only Master's would do.
I had an attorney to place my file before EE started under FSWP (as it was already November 2014, I was not able to submit file before December though )

Best Regards,
Omsaiom
My lawyer told me to do WES for both BSc and MSc, although I have a Canadian PhD degree. But I don't think he is right, because based on CIC PHD gets the highest point, and MSc and BSc add no extra point, that means PhD is enough:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=991&t=29

Reactions: mtalwar18

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
omsaiom said:
Only Master's would do.

Best Regards,
Omsaiom
As per my view your claiming points for Masters which means your Bachelors also should be evaluated. One of the lawyer with whom I worked explained about this.

ad singh

May 23, 2011
Visa Office......
CHC CHD
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31 March 2015
Nomination.....
15 March 2016
AOR Received.
18 April 2016
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
Med's Request
1 November 2016
Med's Done....
10 November 2016
Passport Req..
27-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-03-2018
Hi
I am thinking of getting ECA done for my masters degree from India. Can someone let me know how much time it takes for the whole process . Thanks

Canadahustler

Aug 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
AOR Received.
19-01-2015
Basically has anyone who evaluated only his/highest degree gotten PPR, i guess that would clarify this once and for all

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ynpe said:
what if I have a:

1. high school diploma
2. degree
3. internship certificate

do assessment for all or just degree would be fine?
any link to where it says exactly which of those must be evaluated?
Only post secondary degrees/diplomas will give you points. In your case, you can get only your degree assessed because the high school diploma will not give you any points and the internship certificate is not considered formal education and will not be assessed.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rajpalneha36 said:
Thats what i was thinking too that i would just need the highest degree verified .but after reading people comments its confusing.Is there a way to get this answer from official source.
You are only required to do highest degree evaluation, but for safety you do it both together, The reason is that if your masters is not recognized as equivalent they will consider your bachelors and give bachelors 4 yrs or bachelors three yrs and + 1 yr graduate studies. Now if u only send masters and you dont get it equal to Canadian masters than you will have to spend again on getting ur bachelors verified. so with same rate why dont u send all?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
ad singh said:
Hi
I am thinking of getting ECA done for my masters degree from India. Can someone let me know how much time it takes for the whole process . Thanks

If you are referring to the time taken by your university to release the transcripts, it entirely depends on the university, it could range from a week to a month and even more. But if you are referring to the evaluation time by WES, they do it within 7 to 20 business days. I got both my Bachelors and Masters assessed in 7 days.

golshidb

Feb 14, 2016
Dazed12 said:
actually Bhullar28 if you go onto the WES website under FAQ they say that they can't tell you if you need to get all your degrees done or not, that you have to go to the CIC website. When I applied I put in my PhD and had that accredited. I added my BSc but did not get a WES form for that as well (its actually not possible to do a PhD without the other degree) so I put that it was not accredited and there didn't see to be any issue with that.
I've already got a WES reference number for my PhD from the US, and my transcripts are already mailed to WES. However, I need to add my BSc credentials (which is also from outside Canada) as well to get evaluated. Does anyone know if I can use the same WES reference number on my BSc request form? I've already emailed WES but they're not getting back to me. I'd appreciate your help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
golshidb said:
I've already got a WES reference number for my PhD from the US, and my transcripts are already mailed to WES. However, I need to add my BSc credentials (which is also from outside Canada) as well to get evaluated. Does anyone know if I can use the same WES reference number on my BSc request form? I've already emailed WES but they're not getting back to me. I'd appreciate your help.
This is what the WES site says about adding a credential.

How do I add another credential?
For completed evaluations: There are several upgrading options. You may:
- Add a completed degree
- Add new courses
- Add a new credential
- Upgrade your document-by-document evaluation to a course-by-course evaluation

To upgrade a completed evaluation, visit My Account.

For in-progress evaluations, please contact customer service via the Help page.

BABLUSHTAN

Jun 5, 2016
Hi,

I have read everything written under this topic still couldn't find an answer to my question: what if I have 2 masters? 1 from Canada (which doesn't need any assessment) and another one from Germany (which needs an assessment). Both of them are equally highest. What should I do? should I verify the german degree?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BABLUSHTAN said:
Hi,

I have read everything written under this topic still couldn't find an answer to my question: what if I have 2 masters? 1 from Canada (which doesn't need any assessment) and another one from Germany (which needs an assessment). Both of them are equally highest. What should I do? should I verify the german degree?
I feel like you don't need to do an ECA for your German master (unless you think that it's equivalent to a Canadian PHD which I highly doubt it will).

Since you already got a Canadian Master, it wouldn't make a difference for one master degree or two master degrees. I mean you don't get extra points for having second Master degree. Why bother doing the ECA...

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
Hello,

I find this thread very helpful. I have Bachelor from Bangladesh and MSc from Germany and plan to verify both degrees with World educational services (WES). Do I also need to get the ECA for the Secondary education (Higher secondary education HSC) as well ? The following link <http://www.wes.org/ca/required/index.asp> shows for Bangladesh, it's also required to verify the Secondary education.

There is no point available to the secondary education and I really don't want to go in the hassle of doing so. Also, would it be suffice if I only get ECA from the MSc degree attained from Germany which I assume to be the Canadian equivalent and the highest degree I earned. Please advise.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
You are only required to do highest degree evaluation, but for safety you do it both together, The reason is that if your masters is not recognized as equivalent they will consider your bachelors and give bachelors 4 yrs or bachelors three yrs and + 1 yr graduate studies. Now if u only send masters and you dont get it equal to Canadian masters than you will have to spend again on getting ur bachelors verified. so with same rate why dont u send all?
But if WES recognise your masters equivalent to master in Canada, yo do not need to evaluate your bachelor, as only your master will get points. If you have two bachelor's then yes, evaluate both because this is 2 degrees. Master is in the next level.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way, i will finish my master degree in a couple of months, and i am preparing the IELTS to do it in a couple of months too.

The problem: in Spain, after you finish a degree, it takes around a year to receive the official certificate, by this time you receive a temporary one that has the same value than the final one, in Spain and Europe at least.

My question is, will be this document valid to send to WES to do the ECA? (Together with the sealed in an envelope official academic transcript). Cause if not i will wait to take the IELTS at least half more year. As i will have the ECA in around 1 year and 2 months... so if i take the IELTS now, in case i receive an ITA, it possibly got expired already.

Anyone can help? Thanks in advance!