+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I Need Certified Copies for Online Application

May 13, 2019
Indonesia
Hello, I am a 20 year old Indonesian currently in the process of collecting documents for my tourist visa. In the document checklist IMM 5484, I am told to provide a photocopy of my passport and current immigration status, and have a few questions in regards to this:

1. As I am working on this visa application online, is it still necessary to provide a certified copy from a public notary, or is it enough to just scan/photograph the document requested? If it is necessary to provide a copy, would that mean I'd need to scan/photograph both the certified copy and the document requested for the application?
2. I am an Indonesian citizen living in Indonesia, would my national ID (KTP - Kartu Tanda Penduduk) be sufficient, or is my passport itself be what's necessary to prove my immigration status?

Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello, I am a 20 year old Indonesian currently in the process of collecting documents for my tourist visa. In the document checklist IMM 5484, I am told to provide a photocopy of my passport and current immigration status, and have a few questions in regards to this:

1. As I am working on this visa application online, is it still necessary to provide a certified copy from a public notary, or is it enough to just scan/photograph the document requested? If it is necessary to provide a copy, would that mean I'd need to scan/photograph both the certified copy and the document requested for the application?
2. I am an Indonesian citizen living in Indonesia, would my national ID (KTP - Kartu Tanda Penduduk) be sufficient, or is my passport itself be what's necessary to prove my immigration status?

Thank you.
You should contact your local VFS/Visa Application Centre. They would know these specific requirements