+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to submit "Use of a representative" if I consult someone and pay for the service.

goodbizpe

Nov 7, 2018
Essentially I wish to do business directly with IRCC like receiving correspondence directly to my email instead of going to some sort of representative's mailbox. But I do have a bunch of questions on the citizenship form I am not so sure.

My question is if I can pay to consult someone but at last I submit the file to IRCC myself without using the "Use of a representative" form? My understanding is if I use "Use of a representative " form, I won't be able to deal with IRCC direclty and receive mails from them no more.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My question is if I can pay to consult someone but at last I submit the file to IRCC myself without using the "Use of a representative" form?
Absolutely

Reactions: goodbizpe

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Essentially I wish to do business directly with IRCC like receiving correspondence directly to my email instead of going to some sort of representative's mailbox. But I do have a bunch of questions on the citizenship form I am not so sure.

My question is if I can pay to consult someone but at last I submit the file to IRCC myself without using the "Use of a representative" form? My understanding is if I use "Use of a representative " form, I won't be able to deal with IRCC direclty and receive mails from them no more.
No, you don't need to submit that form if they are not representing you during the application. They must however have been authorized in order to accept payment. Read the whole of the following linked page to be sure.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/learn-about-representatives.html

Others who may help you apply
Some people may help you with other parts of the application process. These people do not need to act as your representative or access your personal information.

For example, someone may help you:

• use this website to find information
  • access a computer, scanner or printer
  • navigate our e-services
  • view and use electronic forms or to download/upload documents
  • get your documents translated
  • make travel plans or
  • choose and register in courses to study in Canada
For this kind of help, you do not need to send us a representative form or release form.

People offering such help and services might be:

• friends or family members
  • travel agents
  • employment agents and recruiters
  • human resources professionals
  • educational agents
  • adoption agencies or
  • Visa Application Centre staff