+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to Inform IRCC if I Plan to Leave Canada After I Submit Citizenship Application

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello Seniors,

After I submit citizenship application, I will leave Canada until I am called to come back for the test. Do I have to inform IRCC my travel detail outside Canada?

Thanks,

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I think they only ask to make sure that if they send out any communication for documents requests, the applicant is able to provide that on-time. Other than that, I don't think that we have to inform IRCC of our travels outside Canada.

Reactions: hungnguyen

hungnguyen

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
I think they only ask to make sure that if they send out any communication for documents requests, the applicant is able to provide that on-time. Other than that, I don't think that we have to inform IRCC of our travels outside Canada.
Thanks Rapfy for your advice. Should I hire a lawyer to apply for myself as they can receive communication from IRCC and handle any issue while I am not in Canada, or I should use the address of my uncle to receive mail from IRCC?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
apply yourself and give your uncle's address to IRCC.
Ask uncle to keep an eye on mail, and provide email to IRCC in forms as they may send invitation by email too