+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have to immediately return to Canada after my visa application is approved?

frankfurtvancouver

May 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm an International Student and want to apply for the post-graduation work permit after graduation. But directly after applying for the work permit from within Canada, I will (it's decided) leave Canada for 3 months to travel while they process my application.
What happens when they approve my work permit application after maybe a month? Can I still continue to travel the remaining 2 months of my travel outside of Canada without losing the approval for my work permit, or do I have to immediately return to Canada, to "activate" the post graduation work permit? I so hope someone can answer.

Thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

frankfurtvancouver said:
Hi,

I'm an International Student and want to apply for the post-graduation work permit after graduation. But directly after applying for the work permit from within Canada, I will (it's decided) leave Canada for 3 months to travel while they process my application.
What happens when they approve my work permit application after maybe a month? Can I still continue to travel the remaining 2 months of my travel outside of Canada without losing the approval for my work permit, or do I have to immediately return to Canada, to "activate" the post graduation work permit? I so hope someone can answer.

Thank you
1. No, once your work permit is issued it is activated.