+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I have enough?

HappyMel

Feb 9, 2009
So ive been in a common-law relationship with my boyfriend in Canada for almost 2 years. I've been extending my visitor visa..I'm going to be doing it once more and then hopefully sending off my sponsorship. But now I'm getting nervous again. I'll tell you the story!

So, I met my boyfriend off of World of Warcraft and we were talking and conversing for only a few months before i decided to come over! I am 19 ( going to be 20 in January) and he's 22. He's from Quebec and I have dual citizenship with the UK and the USA. I didnt plan on staying and I only bought a plane ticket for a month. But in that month, I really got close to his family and siblings. Although there is a small language barrier between a few of the family members, we all get along fine. And I decided to stay because the IO gave me 6 months in my passport. By the 5th month, we were definitely talking about sponsoring me. We live with his family in the house and they have all bonded with me. I have a list of things that I can use to sponsor...but is it enough? I dont know and i'm starting to get a little scared.

1.Several pictures with him and I, his mother and father camping, yard sales ect

2.Joint Bank Account

3.Receipts of my boyfriend buying me expensive gifts and other gifts

4.The parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles will be writing a letter showing they have seen us together and look very happy.

5. Cards to and from my mother, my sister and his family and to one another

I probably have a bit more, but I cant think of much more now. = /

Since we were only talking for a few months before me coming over...do you think that would cause a red flag to go up? Thats what i'm mainly scared of.

KEKE1212

Oct 21, 2009
I don't think so. My husband and I started dating a month before we got engaged, and dated a couple months after we met. We did have to have a 3 hr interview to prove that we were actually dating. But,he did get approved. We also, had pictures, and mutual friends, met each others family, we didn't have recipts of giffts, but I knew what he gave me, movie tickets, and I think that's all. I think it all depends on the interview.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
happymel, are you doing spouse sponsorship or common law? can you get married?

just submit all that you have and explain your case in DETAILS and sit back and wait, thats about all you can do, but dont stress just cuz KEKE had hard times. every case is different, ever office is diff, every IO is diff, so you cant judge that way

read my post called "Done with minimum proof" (on 2nd page). That'll give you some hope. I didn't even date my wife, just got married and submitted package 2 weeks after with zero evidence and no wedding. and got approved :)

but again i say, dont be mislead by what I am saying, submit EVERYTHING you have and explain as much as you can and hope for the best. thats all you can do

its usually easier for US citizens to get approved since not many will be moving from US to canada just for the PR card, where in other countries people just NEED to get out so they may have a fake relationship to do so.

goodluck!

HappyMel

Feb 9, 2009
That is very true. I am going to submit anything i can and tell the whole truth, no lies! Explain EVERYTHING!! Thank you guys. I feel better now.

KEKE1212

Oct 21, 2009
No...we didn't have a hard time. We just got asked the regular questions, that one would get asked. Just the interview was seperate my husband was in the interview for a hour and a half, and I the other hour and a half.

P.S we were married by the time we had the interview.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
KEKE, I can't imagine what questions could be asked that would consume 1.5 hours!! I mean, after "what can you say (in addition to your application) to show me that your marriage is real?" can the immigration Officer ask?

Would you be willing to list a few of the questions you remember, to help others with their interview? I realize that every interview is different, but I am curious.

Toby

KEKE1212

Oct 21, 2009
I know very long. He asked question such as...what side of the bed does he sleep one, his fav colour, what gifts did he give, when, from where, how did you meet, who did you meet in his family and when, vise versa. What is his moring routine. Then he asked how we met. He asked question from our application. He asked how long we have been living together, my husband's parents name, ages, his sisters and brothers name. A lot of questions...A LOT. He then took my husband in asked the same questions and seen if it matched up. About 4 days later we were approved.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
why did they interview you both? is it a common requirement?

Afrina

Oct 22, 2009
Hi, I need to ask a silly question, My spouse is a canadian citizen and she is university full time student unemployed. We meet over internet last 4 years ago and we got married in jul09. I completed my MBA from an university in Uk and working at present, I also done police clearence and medical, As a prove I have marriage certificate, pictures, letters. we don't have any child.
Now my wife is about to apply for spousal sponsorship for me but very confused about her financial situation as she is not working-
1. Is that very imp matter for spuse sponsorship?
2.Is she eligible or not?
3. What other documents do i need?

It will be nice anybody will give the ans