+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Canadian PR holders need German transit visa if travelling to Calgary via Frankfurt?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Are you sure, for both UK and Germany? I shouldn’t be stuck on the way?
If you don't change terminals then you don't need a transit visa for either UK or Germany. I have been traveling through Germany on my work permit and I know they don't need a transit visa like USA.

Reactions: aleersurahio

ntkotian

Jan 24, 2018
India
NOC Code......
Hey, I did take and there is no problem. At well utilize your time if stay is shorter. Have a safe trip and welcome to Canada.
Thank you for your response. So you took the transit visa, please confirm. I am travelling thru Frankfurt with 24 hrs layover.

Reactions: sethig7

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Thank y

So you took t transit visa, please confirm. I am travelling thru Frankfurt with 24 hrs layover.

24 hours, that you need to check, cause it’s usually the same day, after mid night there maybe a different rule. Just call up Air Canadian or airline that will fly you from Frankfurt to Canada. They will confirm you. Your nationality is also relevant, as some countries do not require visa at all. Please let me know if you’ve questions.

dejavu89

Mar 6, 2019
24 hours, that you need to check, cause it’s usually the same day, after mid night there maybe a different rule. Just call up Air Canadian or airline that will fly you from Frankfurt to Canada. They will confirm you. Your nationality is also relevant, as some countries do not require visa at all. Please let me know if you’ve questions.
Hey I am a Pakistani with COPR traveling through Frankfurt. I have a stay of 7 hours and leave on the same day to Canada. Do I need a transit visa for Frankfurt?

sethig7

Mar 5, 2020
Hi I am an Indian national with COPR traveling in May through Frankfurt with a layover of 22 hours 25 min while going and 10 hours while coming back (I am going for soft landing). I believe (as per the above discussions) I do not need a transit visa for short stays within the airport (Not sure how to define short stays?). Can anyone help if such a long duration of 22 hours will be allowed within the airport without a transit visa?

I have checked with Air India and Air Canda. No one was sure and they asked me to write to German High Commission in New Delhi. I did that, however I got a generic reply with a pdf attached - stating that Indian citizens who are Canadian visa holders do not need a transit visa, however no mention of how long can one stay within the airport? Please help!

ntkotian

Jan 24, 2018
India
NOC Code......
Hi I am an Indian national with COPR traveling in May through Frankfurt with a layover of 22 hours 25 min while going and 10 hours while coming back (I am going for soft landing). I believe (as per the above discussions) I do not need a transit visa for short stays within the airport (Not sure how to define short stays?). Can anyone help if such a long duration of 22 hours will be allowed within the airport without a transit visa?

I have checked with Air India and Air Canda. No one was sure and they asked me to write to German High Commission in New Delhi. I did that, however I got a generic reply with a pdf attached - stating that Indian citizens who are Canadian visa holders do not need a transit visa, however no mention of how long can one stay within the airport? Please help!
They have mention that less than 24 hrs in airport is ok

Reactions: sethig7

Bland

Oct 11, 2021
I plan flying to Vancouver BC through Lufthansa airport.

I am an IRAQI passport holder and have a Canadian PR card. Can anyone please suggest me if i need a transit visa for Frankfurt, FRA ?

Any help would be very appreciated as I am travelling soon