+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do background check takes long if you have lived in other countries?Please help.

TheEagle

May 10, 2012
Hi guys,

I am collecting my documents so I can apply under employer direct stream in manitoba, I am a little worried about the federal part because I have lived in UK for one year on a student visa and I was studying over...I can attach my certificates for them and also the police clearance but people have told me that I would have to wait really long....I know that no one can tell the time for background checks but can somebody give me an idea in my case how long approx. it will take??....

I also know that MPNP do not give work permit support letter to employers who are not registered under the employment standard branch and my employer has told me clearly that he wont be willing to register..

I have about 24 months of PGWP left and I will hopefully get the nomination within 2-3 months as I am applying next week.. so I would have roughly 21 months of PGWP left, Would studying in UK be such a big issue that it will skyrocket the processing time for the federal application till my PGWP expires?

Tweety05

Champion Member
Dec 17, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Doc's Request.
none yet
AOR Received.
23-01-2013
Med's Request
22-02-2013
Med's Done....
26-02-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2013
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Hello :)

I will also be getting my Police Clearance in UK soon as I get my LOA (hopefully) in MPNP. I also studied there for almost 2 years and I just went back in the Philippines late last year.

Presently, my application to MPNP under General stream is on process. My sponsors and I are waiting for the interview then hopefully the approval. Even before I left UK, I was able to get my Police Certificate. It only took me 2 weeks to wait but since I am back in the Philippines, an additional 2-3 weeks for snail mail should be added to my waiting time. So, roughly it will be 1- 1 1/2 months.

1982nplindra

Aug 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi-India
NOC Code......
Ainp Family Stream
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-11-2010
Nomination.....
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
12-12-2011
IELTS Request
6.5 Already submitted
Med's Request
12-12-2011
Med's Done....
03-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sooner.
Yeah It takes more time to check your Background check If u have reside in more than one country or Travelled in more than one country.Be patient.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
TheEagle said:
Hi guys,

I am collecting my documents so I can apply under employer direct stream in manitoba, I am a little worried about the federal part because I have lived in UK for one year on a student visa and I was studying over...I can attach my certificates for them and also the police clearance but people have told me that I would have to wait really long....I know that no one can tell the time for background checks but can somebody give me an idea in my case how long approx. it will take??....

I also know that MPNP do not give work permit support letter to employers who are not registered under the employment standard branch and my employer has told me clearly that he wont be willing to register..

I have about 24 months of PGWP left and I will hopefully get the nomination within 2-3 months as I am applying next week.. so I would have roughly 21 months of PGWP left, Would studying in UK be such a big issue that it will skyrocket the processing time for the federal application till my PGWP expires?
Hi TheEagle,

It took 3 weeks for me to get a police clearance certificate from Germany. This is just to give you an idea, but I don't know about UK.

I have a suggestion for you. I have recently submitted my federal application under AINP category, but unfortunately they returned the application, reason is they need copies of original birth certificates. They did not accept consulate issued birth certificates which I had attached. Alternatively you can also send any one of the following documents.

1. Copy of original birth certificate (it must show your full name, DOB and your mother/father/both parents names)
2. Copy of no-birth record certificate + self declaration (notarized)
3. Copy of school leaving certificate (it must show your full name, DOB and your mother/father/both parents names)
4. Affidavit from your mother/father/both parents (it must show your full name, DOB and your mother/father/both parents names)

Thanks,
Sarayu

Gat

Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First week of February 2012
Doc's Request.
No Additional docs Requested But I Submitted Thrice
Nomination.....
LOA Second week of February 2013
AOR Received.
AOR from CIO Third week of june 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted along with MPNP Application
File Transfer...
3rd week of july 2013
Med's Request
Soon with God Grace
Med's Done....
Soon with God Grace
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon with God Grace
VISA ISSUED...
Soon with God Grace
LANDED..........
Soon with God Grace
Dear All,

Do They check all the backgrounds checks in all cases like: criminal security, jobs Experiance, Educational background etc. pls reply and let us know as well how they perform.

thanks

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
TheEagle said:
Hi guys,

Eagle,

I was of the understanding that you can apply under this stream only if you work for an employer registered under the employment standard act. Are you saying that you worked for an employer who does not meet the criteria and you are still proceeding with the application?

In regards to the background check, it is not a proven fact that residing in more than one country will elongate the PR process - relax , you ahve nothing to worry. You even have roughly 2 years of remaining PGWP to play with!!
All the best!

biometrix

Oct 7, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gat said:
Dear All,

Do They check all the backgrounds checks in all cases like: criminal security, jobs Experiance, Educational background etc. pls reply and let us know as well how they perform.

thanks

Depends on which category you applied in. Background check in criminality, and security is a must for any immigrant. As for pnp applicant read the following from cic websit.

Most PNPs include one or more employer-driven streams which allow workers to be nominated on the basis of a permanent, full-time job offer, provided they meet provincial or territorial nomination requirements (these may include specific occupations, education, work experience, official language proficiency and age). Details regarding individual PNPs are available on provincial and territorial government immigration websites.

PTs are responsible for due diligence in respect of their nomination decisions and for document verification. CIC makes the final selection decision and may refuse a case if the applicant fails to demonstrate the ability to establish economically in the nominating province. PTs are also prohibited from nominating an individual on the basis of a passive investment. CIC is responsible for ensuring that nominees meet extensive health, criminality and security checks.

Gat

Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First week of February 2012
Doc's Request.
No Additional docs Requested But I Submitted Thrice
Nomination.....
LOA Second week of February 2013
AOR Received.
AOR from CIO Third week of june 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted along with MPNP Application
File Transfer...
3rd week of july 2013
Med's Request
Soon with God Grace
Med's Done....
Soon with God Grace
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon with God Grace
VISA ISSUED...
Soon with God Grace
LANDED..........
Soon with God Grace
Dear sorry to say again,

This is not a answer of my question My question was Do CIC or Local Visa offices do check background in all cases Like: Crimianl,security,Employement & Educational etc. After Getting approval from provincial nominee certificate.

Cheers
biometrix said:
Depends on which category you applied in. Background check in criminality, and security is a must for any immigrant. As for pnp applicant read the following from cic websit.

Most PNPs include one or more employer-driven streams which allow workers to be nominated on the basis of a permanent, full-time job offer, provided they meet provincial or territorial nomination requirements (these may include specific occupations, education, work experience, official language proficiency and age). Details regarding individual PNPs are available on provincial and territorial government immigration websites.

PTs are responsible for due diligence in respect of their nomination decisions and for document verification. CIC makes the final selection decision and may refuse a case if the applicant fails to demonstrate the ability to establish economically in the nominating province. PTs are also prohibited from nominating an individual on the basis of a passive investment. CIC is responsible for ensuring that nominees meet extensive health, criminality and security checks.