+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM is followed by PPR, or is a refusal letter still possible?

woyaodeshihulu

May 25, 2018
Yes, I guess so! Thanks. Have you heard anything from LVO since pre-arrival? I guess they are back logged.
Not yet. I was hoping to receive DM last night but unfortunately there was no update...I am so afraid my background check will take forever :-( I have waited for so long before pre -arrival and I don't want it again.

chelseam

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Not yet. I was hoping to receive DM last night but unfortunately there was no update...I am so afraid my background check will take forever :-( I have waited for so long before pre -arrival and I don't want it again.
Gosh they are so slow. It's been over a year now, so hopefully DM and ppr will happen soon!

chelseam

Star Member
May 20, 2018
My husband has received PPR!! It's a miracle, with all the hurdles we faced, since 2012.

Anything is possible. DON'T GIVE UP until you've tried your best!!!

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who replied to my questions and/or commented. So many helpful and concerned people here! I am grateful. Best wishes to you all.

Reactions: woyaodeshihulu

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Pre-arrival letter is definitely a positive sign which normally means your relationship is genuine and passed eligibility. But there are still many other steps after, e.g., background check etc. which could take some time. No need to worry, just be prepared to wait patiently. If needed, IRCC would request you redo the medical, otherwise, stay put.
Can someone please confirm whether pre-arrival means IRCC will likely not have any issue with the genuineness of the relationship?