+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM for ONLY one member of a family

Jass.5k

Apr 7, 2018
It's too early to see MP ... 6 months only after application received and processing time is 12 months
from time to time CIC changes their processing times , it's very important to print out a page from the CIC website where it says processing is 12 months and keep it as a proof if you every had to go and see your MP after 12 months of processing, , not to be supprised if CIC change their processing period in 2019 from 12 months to 24 or 36 months !

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
A colleague of mine mentioned sometime ago his application took I guess more than 15 months including more than 6-7 months decision made status and after contacting his MP nothing changed and the response he heard was that CIC will get back to him in ‘due course’ after completing their process and he was told -I don’t know by who and to what extent it is accurate?- that citizenship is a privilege not a right and it does not mean he meets the requirements that he ‘must’ get it and he has no ‘right’ to compare himself with ‘other’ applicants. His advice was to keep a low profile and stop communicating with CIC directly or indirectly (through MP) because nothing will change nor speed up anything and to keep always in mind that it is not a ‘right’ it is a ‘privilege’ regardless the completeness of your application.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
A colleague of mine mentioned sometime ago his application took I guess more than 15 months including more than 6-7 months decision made status and after contacting his MP nothing changed and the response he heard was that CIC will get back to him in ‘due course’ after completing their process and he was told -I don’t know by who and to what extent it is accurate?- that citizenship is a privilege not a right and it does not mean he meets the requirements that he ‘must’ get it and he has no ‘right’ to compare himself with ‘other’ applicants. His advice was to keep a low profile and stop communicating with CIC directly or indirectly (through MP) because nothing will change nor speed up anything and to keep always in mind that it is not a ‘right’ it is a ‘privilege’ regardless the completeness of your application.
If my theorie is right you will get DM within 2 weeks :)

Reactions: migrant-seeker

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
Another week of deep frustration with zero progress. Even a colleague of mine who submitted his application 1.5 months after me who has extensive travel records including one full year living and working outside Canada during his eligibility period, he received yesterday his test invitation and oath as well so he will do both in the same day! He was not even asked for FP despite his extensive travel records! And for me I did not leave Canada for a single day and I passed my test 3 months ago and also I submitted FP more than 3 months ago and still zero progress!!!!!!!

Micah008

Nov 5, 2017
I and my wife had our test on the same day i.e. 10th of May. Wife got DM the next day (she completed FP in February).

As for me, I am still in-process. We were told to expect oath in 1-2 month after the test. I didn't think the DM was a big deal till I visited this thread. Oh well, I would update the thread as the case moves along.

msarham

Star Member
Jan 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
AOR Received.
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
File Transfer...
07-07-2012
Med's Request
25-10-2011 ( By Email)
Med's Done....
02-11-2011

sana123

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"We calculate processing times from the day we receive an application to the day it makes a decision on the application."

So I guess 12 months is from the day you got AOR to DM. is that right ?
also after DM its all done or they are still doing security checks?

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
"We calculate processing times from the day we receive an application to the day it makes a decision on the application."

So I guess 12 months is from the day you got AOR to DM. is that right ?
also after DM its all done or they are still doing security checks?
Yes right

After DM all checks are done. Your file is in oath queue

Reactions: sana123

CTZ

Kids under 14 don’t have to but they absolutely can attend oath if they want. (As a matter of fact, my 8 year old kid will be coming with me for the oath. She is an applicant as part of our family app package).
the status for the kids changes to DM after the parents oath. That’s what I was advised by past applicants.
Hi I have similar status my kids 12 and 19 have not got DM but my wife and I have.Could you let us know what happened in your case . Did the status change to DM before oath for kids , if not what was the process /your experience.Thanks for help

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Hi I have similar status my kids 12 and 19 have not got DM but my wife and I have.Could you let us know what happened in your case . Did the status change to DM before oath for kids , if not what was the process /your experience.Thanks for help
My daughter didn’t have DM until after oath.