+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DM for ONLY one member of a family

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hello guys,

I’m trying to “understand” the delay for one family member getting “DM” while the other stays “IP”.

Please have a look to your application numbers and see if the application for the spouse who got “DM” is a lower number than the one who is still “IP”.

I am trying to create a “theory” that applications, although for a couple, are processed individually, by different officers, and they follow a numeric sequence. This could the reason for one of the family members being processed first.

Please have a look on your applications and see if the one who got “DM” has a lower “application number” than the one still showing “IP”. Thank you!
You mean the UCI or the number they provide with AOR ( it starts with a letter then 9 digits)?

Reactions: architectcarioca

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the one starting with a letter and 9 digits.
Ok, I don't think that I understand your theory correctly because we can compare between the numbers in many different ways.
But I'll tell you the situation and try to compare between the last 4 digits and the last 2 digits.

Person #1 : got DM
Last 4 digits are higher than the others.
The last 4 digits start with 2
Person #2: still in process
Last 4 digits is Lower than the first person but higher than the third person. That last 4 digits start with 1
Person #3: got DM
Last 4 digits is lower than the others. The last 4 digits start with 1

But if want to compare using only the last 2 digits, then the second person (still in process ) have the highest numbers.

architectcarioca

Sep 21, 2010
Ok, I don't think that I understand your theory correctly because we can compare between the numbers in many different ways.
But I'll tell you the situation and try to compare between the last 4 digits and the last 2 digits.

Person #1 : got DM
Last 4 digits are higher than the others.
The last 4 digits start with 2
Person #2: still in process
Last 4 digits is Lower than the first person but higher than the third person. That last 4 digits start with 1
Person #3: got DM
Last 4 digits is lower than the others. The last 4 digits start with 1

But if want to compare using only the last 2 digits, then the second person (still in process ) have the highest numbers.

If I compare the three last digits the “theory” makes sense.

Please have a look and check if it makes sense in yours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pcanadian

itslulutime

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Montreal
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
Hello guys,

I’m trying to “understand” the delay for one family member getting “DM” while the other stays “IP”.

Please have a look on your application numbers and see if the application for the spouse who got “DM” has a lower number than the one who is still “IP”.

I am trying to create a “theory” that applications, although for a couple, are processed individually, by different officers, and they follow a numeric sequence. This could the reason for one family member being processed first.

Please have a look on your applications and let us know. Thank you!
I think you have something... im still IP and im 391 and my husband's 277 and he has DM

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
I received FP request and completed it in January and RCMP confirmed that they completed the verification in the following day of doing the FP and theybtgey sent the results to IRCC. I did the citizenship test with my wife in February. My wife got decision made the day after test and for me until now it is still in process! Even when I called IRCC they said they received FP clearance since January but still doing background check until now.
It is so frustrating. Even I thought of ordering ATIP but I understood it will not add any information!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello guys,

Please have a look on your application numbers and see if the application for the spouse who got “DM” has a lower number than the one who is still “IP”.

I am trying to create a “theory” that applications, although for a couple, are processed individually, by different officers, and they follow a numeric sequence. This could the reason for one family member being processed first.

Please have a look on your applications and let us know. Thank you!
It makes perfect sense to me that a spousal application mailed in the same envelope could end up on a separate path. Background checks are going to have individual variances that can cause any number of delays, including FP requests. Some processing centres do the tests after checks are complete, some have tests while the checks are incomplete, so it's perfectly feasible that you have the tests on the same day but not get DM at the same time.

As for the numbering difference, I wouldn't expect it to be sequential. While an officer is checking an application and assigns a number, other applications are being checked by other officers and assigned case numbers before the first officer moves on to the spousal application.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
I received FP request and completed it in January and RCMP confirmed that they completed the verification in the following day of doing the FP and theybtgey sent the results to IRCC. I did the citizenship test with my wife in February. My wife got decision made the day after test and for me until now it is still in process! Even when I called IRCC they said they received FP clearance since January but still doing background check until now.
It is so frustrating. Even I thought of ordering ATIP but I understood it will not add any information!

I did my test Feb 05th still no DM

khanlov

May 25, 2011
imo background check can only take so long. its results are in black n white. there is no grey area. if it is taking 5 months after test and still no oath, its not about background check, it is simply delaying tactics.

just on a side note, i did contact my MP, and his office refused to help me since it is still under 12 month period. they do not want to believe that it is un-just. I wish i had a better MP.

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
imo background check can only take so long. its results are in black n white. there is no grey area. if it is taking 5 months after test and still no oath, its not about background check, it is simply delaying tactics.

just on a side note, i did contact my MP, and his office refused to help me since it is still under 12 month period. they do not want to believe that it is un-just. I wish i had a better MP.
Sorry to hear about your experiences with MP, is he conservative or liberal?
I believe the cics started to clear the backlog, just try to stay patient, I know it's very hard though but we have no other choice.

khanlov

May 25, 2011
Sorry to hear about your experiences with MP, is he conservative or liberal?
I believe the cics started to clear the backlog, just try to stay patient, I know it's very hard though but we have no other choice.
Liberal and a minister but the staff is incompetent.