+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DLI registered school but doesn’t offer PGWP

Lpena

Jun 11, 2019
Hi. I enrolled in private school under Coop program in hospitality management for 2 years. It says that the school is DLI registered, but doesn’t offer PGWP. Are there other ways for me to get working permit by the end of my program? Can I apply PGWP on my own?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi. I enrolled in private school under Coop program in hospitality management for 2 years. It says that the school is DLI registered, but doesn’t offer PGWP. Are there other ways for me to get working permit by the end of my program? Can I apply PGWP on my own?
You can apply for a LMIA backed work perkier. This will take time and many business may not be willing to take the additional cost.

I would suggest you get admission in a college that has PGWP.

DLI means that they can admit international students. It does not mean that they offer PGWP.

You can only get PGWP in institutions where the programs ate qualified for PGWP.

Lpena

Jun 11, 2019
I
You can apply for a LMIA backed work perkier. This will take time and many business may not be willing to take the additional cost.

I would suggest you get admission in a college that has PGWP.

DLI means that they can admit international students. It does not mean that they offer PGWP.

You can only get PGWP in institutions where the programs ate qualified for PGWP.
My study permit is already approved and will start in school on July 2, 2019.
If I apply for LMIA, when is the ideal time for me to look for employer and process papers? Duration of study permit is for 2 years. 1year study, 1 year coop

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
DLI nothing to do with PGWP, school doesnt offer PGWP, you apply yourself and based on the school you went to you qualify or not. You can see the schools that qualify here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

LMIA needs to be applied by your employer and is a long, complicated and lengthy process that employers dont go through unless they really need some skill you have.

Your best option is to start applying for a school that qualifies for PGWP now so you can switch schools as soon as possible in Canada.

MalikMM

May 26, 2020
Hi.
I have similar questions regarding DLI and PGWP.
I an international student, interested in one of the following diploma programs .
Network Engineering Diploma (IT) , Network/system Administrator. I have found online followings, Humber, Sheridan,Canadian Business College , Centennial, IBT, Trios,Conestoga and Cannadore.
Kindly help me which of above and any other schools in Toronto are approved for DLI and PGWP. And have language flexibility.
Kindly answer my following questions. Donot refer to your website link.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi.
I an international student, interested in one of the following diploma programs .
Network Engineering Diploma (IT) , Network/system Administrator. I have found online followings, Humber, Sheridan,Canadian Business College , Centennial, IBT, Trios,Conestoga and Cannadore.
Kindly help me which of above and any other schools in Toronto are approved for DLI and PGWP. And have language flexibility.
1. Why don't you want to check the official CIC site which lists all the DLI schools and what programs that are eligible for PGWP? https://tinyurl.com/yxg6fpcf

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi.
The official list is literally above your post!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi.
Why do you expect other people to go to the link and look up the information for you?

MalikMM

May 26, 2020
Thank you very much all my brothers for nice info.I am going to apply for the first time with minimum infor about study abroad. Bases upon your info,I called some of them but are very expensive . I found that Canadian Business College and IBT are cheaper. But Canadian Business College is in the list DIL and IBT is not in the list,which seems good price.
What is your opinion about these two.??