+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DLI registered school but doesn’t offer PGWP

Discussion in 'International Students' started by Lpena, Jun 14, 2019.

  1. Hi. I enrolled in private school under Coop program in hospitality management for 2 years. It says that the school is DLI registered, but doesn’t offer PGWP. Are there other ways for me to get working permit by the end of my program? Can I apply PGWP on my own?
  2. You can apply for a LMIA backed work perkier. This will take time and many business may not be willing to take the additional cost.

    I would suggest you get admission in a college that has PGWP.

    DLI means that they can admit international students. It does not mean that they offer PGWP.

    You can only get PGWP in institutions where the programs ate qualified for PGWP.
  3. I
    My study permit is already approved and will start in school on July 2, 2019.
    If I apply for LMIA, when is the ideal time for me to look for employer and process papers? Duration of study permit is for 2 years. 1year study, 1 year coop
  4. DLI nothing to do with PGWP, school doesnt offer PGWP, you apply yourself and based on the school you went to you qualify or not. You can see the schools that qualify here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html

    LMIA needs to be applied by your employer and is a long, complicated and lengthy process that employers dont go through unless they really need some skill you have.

    Your best option is to start applying for a school that qualifies for PGWP now so you can switch schools as soon as possible in Canada.

Share This Page