+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIVORCE, remarried in the Philipippines...were we in trouble?

mistletoes

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 5,2011
File Transfer...
Feb. 14,2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 6,2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2-28-12 received (2-17-12 letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
Apr. 16,2012. Received Apr 20, 2012
LANDED..........
soooon! See u Mahal ko!
bong28 said:
Nice to hear that you will be flying next to him.

I just wanted to know? When did you marry him and what are the documents he presented? Did he still file a petition to recognize the divorce taken in Canada? Please let me know as we are both in different country and we will be back home to settle this matter. Thanks a lot in advance!

We got maried MAY 9,2011 and we were not able to celebrate our wedding anniversary together... Oks lang malapit na ;)

cmjrsc

Oct 16, 2012
Confused3sia said:
Hi Everyone,

Here is my situation, I got married here in Canada we are both Filipino citizen then I got divorced also here in Canada way back 1994 (we did not declare our marriage in Philippines nor in Philippine Consulate here in Canada). Then I became Canadian Citizen on 1996. In 2008 I remarried to the Filipino citizen in the Philippines. Now I am applying for my husband's spousal sponsorship. Is my first marriage and divorced in Canada doesn't affects our application?

I'm so confused because some said that our marriage is void because I obtain my divorce decree when I was a Filipino citizen and some said that it was fine because I'm already a Canadian citizen when I got married in the Philippines.

Is there anyone here who had a the same case like me? I'll really appreciate your advice or comment. Thanks...

Hello there, i hope you could guide me with the procedure you went thru.
I believe i have the same situation, i was also married in the philippines then we both moved to canada and got divorced two years later when we are still both filipino citizen. Now that i got my citizenship i am planning to marry my gf in the philippines. Is it possible that we get married in the philippines since i am now a canadian citizen even without getting an annulment? Can i petition her here in canada after we get married?
I really hope you could help me with this. Thank you!

Confused3sia

Jul 9, 2011
cmjrsc said:
Hello there, i hope you could guide me with the procedure you went thru.
I believe i have the same situation, i was also married in the philippines then we both moved to canada and got divorced two years later when we are still both filipino citizen. Now that i got my citizenship i am planning to marry my gf in the philippines. Is it possible that we get married in the philippines since i am now a canadian citizen even without getting an annulment? Can i petition her here in canada after we get married?
I really hope you could help me with this. Thank you!
Hi! You are already a Canadian citizen now, so Philippine law doesn't apply to you anymore, bring your divorce paper and marry your girl back home would not be a problem. Yes, you can petition her after you get married. :) Goodluck..

bong28

Apr 22, 2012
How to file a petition to Recognize Divorce in Philippines?

Hi! Can anyone help me know how is the procedure of filing a petition to recognize my Divorce in the Philippines? My ex wife and I got married in Philippines 17yrs ago. And presently we are now residing here in Canada but things went wrong as years passed by.... I filed a divorce against her after I got my citizenship. And Divorce granted. I am planning to re marry again in the Philippines but since there is no divorce in Philippines they advise me to file a petition to recognize my divorce.

Your advise and suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot...

wella13

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 07, 2013
AOR Received.
June 29, 2013
File Transfer...
SA july 11,2013/apps forwarded to cem from cic Aug 02,2014/ jan10 2014 in proces. Dm march 19, 2014
Med's Done....
April 03,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 25,2013(December 23,2013 sent PP)December 24,2013 CEM received
VISA ISSUED...
March 17, 2014
LANDED..........
April 04, 2014
mistletoes said:
Hi bong, we have the same case, hubby was divorced...they were married here in the philippines...divorced in canada, his wife is a citizen then when she filed for the divorce... We got married HERE not anywhere else...

Now im flying on the 6th to be with the MAN i married

Goodluck
helo mistletoes helo po.ask ko lng sna if your husband is a canadian citizen who was previously married to a filipina? He obtained his divorce in canada and after that ngpaksal uli sxa sau...ganon din kase case ko eh..divorced ang hubby ko.dto sila ngpkasal s pinas nung dti nyang aswa na pinay, tapos ngdivorce sila s canada,he filed the divorce then nagpkasl n nmn sxa uli dto sa pinas (sa akin),,ask ko lng,d b maaapektuhan ang aplication nmin? ..d nmn kmi hiningian ng recognition of divorce decree...help nmn po kung sino ang my idea nito...kakalungkot pero grabe din po stress ko habng hinhintay n maaprove ang papers nmin..

scoobydoo33

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI-CONJUGAL PARTNER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 18, 2013 : SA APPROVED
File Transfer...
JUNE 18, 2013
Med's Request
NOVEMBER 18, 2013
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 20, 2013
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013-PHONE INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
DECEMBER 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER 9, 2013
LANDED..........
MAY 31, 2014
mistletoes said:
Hi bong, we have the same case, hubby was divorced...they were married here in the philippines...divorced in canada, his wife is a citizen then when she filed for the divorce... We got married HERE not anywhere else...

Goodluck
mistletoes and bong

we have the same case, hubby (naturalized Canadian) was divorced..they were married in the Philippines..and we applied for "conjugal sponsorship" because we thought that marrying in Philippines is not possible.

let's wait and see what will happen to our application.

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
HI Mistletoes, I am just curious young ex wife ng hubby mo is she Naturalized Canadian Citizen ?
I didn't know it is possible to get married again in the Philippines in this case :( I have read a lot of posts here, but hen we decided to get married in Hong Kong this September, pra lang walang problems, meron na kasing gumawa nun and she's here last July, anyway please reply

Thanks

mistletoes said:

Goodluck

fabanne12

Apr 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
October 7, 2013
Re: How to file a petition to Recognize Divorce in Philippines?

HI Bong

Just get married in Hong KOng or Singapore :) no worries and it will be approved, I have met my angels here in this forum who helped me come to a decision to marry out of the Country and they are already HERE ! As long as Canada and the COUNTRY where the marriage will be held and accept the divorce they will approve it! done a lot of research on this, met new friends and gain a lot of faith.... I am getting married in HK next month!

Good Luck :D

bong28 said:
Hi! Can anyone help me know how is the procedure of filing a petition to recognize my Divorce in the Philippines? My ex wife and I got married in Philippines 17yrs ago. And presently we are now residing here in Canada but things went wrong as years passed by.... I filed a divorce against her after I got my citizenship. And Divorce granted. I am planning to re marry again in the Philippines but since there is no divorce in Philippines they advise me to file a petition to recognize my divorce.

Your advise and suggestion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot...

bong28

Apr 22, 2012
Hi fabanne12,

Surely, we will consider your advice. Best wishes in advance! Hope to chat with you after the wedding. Godbless and Goodluck!

ellaine

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22, 2013 , received as per tracking number August 26, 2013
AOR Received.
September 5, 2013
File Transfer...
September 13, 2013
Med's Done....
August 5, 2013
Passport Req..
November 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 13, 2013
LANDED..........
February 07, 2014 (Winnipeg)
bong28 said:
Hi RJESSOME & SANJ...

Seems that you have very wide knowledge about re-marriage after Divorce. I have a query also. My fiancee is a canadian citizen when he filed divorce to his ex-wife and was granted. They are both filipino citizen when they got married in Philippines. Now, my fiancee would like to arrange our marriage but we are confused if he can marry me in philippines as his marriage before was taken in philippines too.

My question is...can we marry in Philippines? As he is planning to petition me in Canada after the marriage. Some suggest better in Singapore whereas they acknowledge divorce.
certainly, you can validly celebrate your marriage in the Philippines. Philippine law would recognize your marriage.The facts of your case says that your fiancee who was a former Filipino citizen divorced his wife after acquiring Canadian citizenship.that divorce is valid and capacitates both parties to remarry , even the ex wife is allowed to re marry. it would have been a different story if they divorced while they are still Filipino citizens. in that case they are still under Philippine law and Philippine law does not recognize divorce between Filipino citizens eventhough the same was validly obtained abroad.

scoobydoo33

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI-CONJUGAL PARTNER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 29, 2013
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
AOR Received.
JUNE 18, 2013 : SA APPROVED
File Transfer...
JUNE 18, 2013
Med's Request
NOVEMBER 18, 2013
Med's Done....
NOVEMBER 20, 2013
Interview........
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013-PHONE INTERVIEW
Passport Req..
DECEMBER 3, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER 9, 2013
LANDED..........
MAY 31, 2014
ellaine said:
certainly, you can validly celebrate your marriage in the Philippines. Philippine law would recognize your marriage.The facts of your case says that your fiancee who was a former Filipino citizen divorced his wife after acquiring Canadian citizenship.that divorce is valid and capacitates both parties to remarry , even the ex wife is allowed to re marry. it would have been a different story if they divorced while they are still Filipino citizens. in that case they are still under Philippine law and Philippine law does not recognize divorce between Filipino citizens eventhough the same was validly obtained abroad.
That's indeed a great help ellaine, my partner and i are in the exactly the same case of what you wrote..but we applied under "conjugal partner" sponsorship and our VO is in Abu Dhabi as I am working here in Bahrain for almost a decade already and we thought that marriage is not possible for us in the Philippines..so right now we are hopeful that everything will turn out fine..God is Great :)

Redtitot

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-12
File Transfer...
02-11-12
Med's Done....
12-09-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-5-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
25-07-2013
Re: How to file a petition to Recognize Divorce in Philippines?

fabanne12 said:
HI Bong

Just get married in Hong KOng or Singapore :) no worries and it will be approved, I have met my angels here in this forum who helped me come to a decision to marry out of the Country and they are already HERE ! As long as Canada and the COUNTRY where the marriage will be held and accept the divorce they will approve it! done a lot of research on this, met new friends and gain a lot of faith.... I am getting married in HK next month!

Good Luck :D

Bong has exactly the same case as mine.. :)