+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce certificate Pakistan

l37

May 27, 2017
Has anyone been able to obtain a UC (non NADRA) certificate recently?

One of my relatives is going through this process and the UC/the lawyer say that "we made those 20 years ago, not anymore"

I've read about others being able to obtain the certificate, so I'm wondering how they were able to do so. Any advice is appreciated.

Also, is this how the certificate looks?

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019

One of my relatives is going through this process and the UC/the lawyer say that "we made those 20 years ago, not anymore"

I've read about others being able to obtain the certificate, so I'm wondering how they were able to do so. Any advice is appreciated.

This one is not required by IRCC and is also not acceptable. UC now issues a computerized divorce registration certificate now which is required by IRCC, that also shows date of divorce notice, date of failure of conciliation and date of effectiveness of divorce.
when getting it issued, ensure that it is also fed into NADRA systems and there is a 90 day gap in date of notice and date of failure of conciliation.

l37

May 27, 2017
This one is not required by IRCC and is also not acceptable. UC now issues a computerized divorce registration certificate now which is required by IRCC, that also shows date of divorce notice, date of failure of conciliation and date of effectiveness of divorce.
when getting it issued, ensure that it is also fed into NADRA systems and there is a 90 day gap in date of notice and date of failure of conciliation.
Thanks for the reply.

Is there a link that shows what documents are required by IRCC for Pakistan (or any country)?

1. How do we assure it's fed into the NADRA system? Would the person need to go to NADRA and update their profile? Is the certificate not enough on it's own?

2. If one did need this certificate, how can it be obtained? The US accepts this one and NADRA one and sometimes asks for both.

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Is there a link that shows what documents are required by IRCC for Pakistan (or any country)?

1. How do we assure it's fed into the NADRA system? Would the person need to go to NADRA and update their profile? Is the certificate not enough on it's own?

2. If one did need this certificate, how can it be obtained? The US accepts this one and NADRA one and sometimes asks for both.
Document Checklist - IMM5533 will give you all the details that are required.
1- The person himself has to get it done. for me the person who handled the case in UC got it done.
2- Canada has their own process and requirements and very different from US, they all can be found on this link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
and not sure about this document as this forum is for Canada and not US.

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018

Were you able to get this ?

I have been asked by CIC to provide the following document:

"Divorce certificate: For divorces obtained in this country, please submit your sponsor's
Certificate of Talaq issued by the relevant Union council."

I submitted a "Divorce Registration Certificate" issued by the UC (in Karachi) when I submitted the application. Now they are asking for this. I contacted the UC several times and they are saying that we only issue the "Divorce Registration Certificate", I have the copies of the summon for reconciliation. What should I submit to CIC against this request?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Can anybody clarify, certificate of Talaq. I only know divorce certificate issued by union council. Are they talking about two different document (Pakistan Requirement)

The NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) issued divorce certificate should be included but is not sufficient evidence on its own. You must include the Certificate of Talaq issued by the relevant Union council.

Please help
I have received the same request, what did you submit for this and were you successful ?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Before initiation of nadra divorce certificates there used to be a divorce certificate issued by the relevant union councils and i dont think its relevant now days,u can discuss more with me on my cell no.03214042401 i am on whatsapp and viber
I have been asked by CIC to provide the following document:

"Divorce certificate: For divorces obtained in this country, please submit your sponsor's

I submitted a "Divorce Registration Certificate" issued by the UC (in Karachi) when I submitted the application. Now they are asking for this. I contacted the UC several times and they are saying that we only issue the "Divorce Registration Certificate", I have the copies of the summon for reconciliation. What should I submit to CIC against this request?

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
got made divorce certificate from relevant union council (they issue it on NADRA paper they have with them).....
Was this is "Divorce Registration Certificate" issued by UC on NADRA's paper? I already submitted this with my application but CIC is asking me to the following document:

Reactions: Noor.Ann

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
@salkhan I'm in the same boat...what did you do? I only have the divorce registration certificate issued by UC on NADRA'S paper!
Same here! I didn't do anything yet, I have about two weeks to respond to them. I sent someone to UC office and they said that Divorce Registration Certificate is only thing they give. I am probably going to write the same thing to CIC in a letter of explanation and hope that it works.

wasiqjaved

Sep 15, 2007
This is the most comprehensive Divorce Guide for Pakistani applicants as of right now.

-:There are basically 3 types:-
  1. By Husband : Divorce By Talaq
  2. By Wife :
    • Divorce by Khula
    • Divorce by Delegation (Talaq-e-Tafweez : Clause 18)
  3. By HUSBAND & WIFE : Mutual Divorce (Talaq-e-Mubara’at)
There are steps in 'procedure' section mentioned for each of the above mentioned method in Guide. You can tally it with the procedure you followed to see if you have following correct procedure as per IRCC.

Source

usman6858

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Surrey
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
05-13-2019
File Transfer...
11-26-2019
Same here! I didn't do anything yet, I have about two weeks to respond to them. I sent someone to UC office and they said that Divorce Registration Certificate is only thing they give. I am probably going to write the same thing to CIC in a letter of explanation and hope that it works.
Hi,

Can you please let us know if that worked for you?

Thanks

beaver62

Dec 25, 2018
I am going to submit my application soon to sponsor my wife, I have a computerized divorce registration Certificate from Union Council,
On the application Package page IRCC is also asking for evidence that either party to the divorce had a substantial connection to Pakistan. I was living in Canada prior to divorce my parents own a property there, Should I include that information and copy of my NICOP will that be enough.
Following is what IRCC is asking for in addition to Divorce Registration Certificate
"Divorces obtained in Pakistan: If a divorce has been obtained in Pakistan by a sponsor residing in Canada, submit evidence that either party of the divorce resided in Pakistan for at least one year prior to the divorce. Alternatively, you may submit evidence that either party to the divorce had a substantial connection to Pakistan such as frequent visits, property ownership, and/or active businesses in Pakistan."

salkhan

Jan 28, 2016
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
03-12-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
Not Received
LANDED..........
00-07-2018
Hi,

Can you please let us know if that worked for you?

Thanks
Hi Usman,

Initially, I submitted the Divorce registration certificate issued by the UC along with the 3 summon letters that the UC sent to me for reconciliation. (These letters were in Urdu, I had them translated).

Then CIC asked me to submit Certificate of Talaq Confirmation.

I contacted the UC but they refused and said that they did not issue any other certificate other that the computerized one they already issued. I asked them to write that on their official letter head. After going back and forth with them and explaining them the situation they agreed.

The UC Chairman then wrote a supporting letter on the UC's official letterhead with his stamp and signature.

In the letter he just cited the computerized divorce registration certificate (include the document reference number) and confirmed that the issued document is the only legal and valid document for certifying a divorce (Talaq) in their jurisdiction, under the authorization of the government.

I submitted that letter along with a letter of explanation that I wrote to CIC explaining that I contacted the UC office with your request and they do not issue any other document for confirming the validity and authenticity of divorce other than the one I already submitted as confirmed by the attached letter.

This worked for me.

All the best.