+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce certificate Pakistan

AJSM

Dec 2, 2016
Can anybody clarify, certificate of Talaq. I only know divorce certificate issued by union council. Are they talking about two different document (Pakistan Requirement)

The NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) issued divorce certificate should be included but is not sufficient evidence on its own. You must include the Certificate of Talaq issued by the relevant Union council.

Please help

attorneyasim

Jun 27, 2016
Before initiation of nadra divorce certificates there used to be a divorce certificate issued by the relevant union councils and i dont think its relevant now days,u can discuss more with me on my cell no.03214042401 i am on whatsapp and viber

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
hi.............i have divorce paper on stamp paper given several years ago..........now i have to apply after invitation........on EE profile, i mentined myself divorced...............so i have to show divorce certificate.............whether NADRA can make/issue divorce certificate on the basis of that talaqnama on stamp paper...........or first i have to go through/contact local union council and get registered my divorce...........................................or another option that after invitation on my profile......i change my personal info altogether............and show myself single, instead of divorced...........it will not decrease my points................. ..........whether they have view of both old and new application view to become sensitive of that change.............i think, in that case, it will cast a very bad image of me....................................any advice/recommendations would be highly appreciated.........................................................................

best regards,

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
hi.............i have divorce paper on stamp paper given several years ago..........now i have to apply after invitation........on EE profile, i mentined myself divorced...............so i have to show divorce certificate.............whether NADRA can make/issue divorce certificate on the basis of that talaqnama on stamp paper...........or first i have to go through/contact local union council and get registered my divorce...........................................or another option that after invitation on my profile......i change my personal info altogether............and show myself single, instead of divorced...........it will not decrease my points................. ..........whether they have view of both old and new application view to become sensitive of that change.............i think, in that case, it will cast a very bad image of me....................................any advice/recommendations would be highly appreciated.........................................................................

best regards,
So what did u end up doing

saee8620

Jun 4, 2015
got made divorce certificate from relevant union council (they issue it on NADRA paper they have with them).....
Did that work for your immigration? or do you have to send additional documents to verify your divorce? I am in the same situation, therefore wondering how other applicants dealt with it.

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Did that work for your immigration? or do you have to send additional documents to verify your divorce? I am in the same situation, therefore wondering how other applicants dealt with it.
it worked for me....however i didn't know then one also has to update NADRA....by showin that UC certificate....as cic may check against the CRSP no. indicated on div. certificate on the nadra db backdoor given to CIC, so do update NADRA db also.

khan.hammad

Mar 6, 2019
it worked for me....however i didn't know then one also has to update NADRA....by showin that UC certificate....as cic may check against the CRSP no. indicated on div. certificate on the nadra db backdoor given to CIC, so do update NADRA db also.
Did it work for you after getting the NADRA db updated? I've already provided my divorce certificate and now they're asking for "Union Council Documents" and there's no such thing. Should I get the NADRA dp updated by visiting NADRA office and raise a webform to update them about the same? Would appreciate if you can provide your contact number so I might discuss the same over call/SMS

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Did it work for you after getting the NADRA db updated? I've already provided my divorce certificate and now they're asking for "Union Council Documents" and there's no such thing. Should I get the NADRA dp updated by visiting NADRA office and raise a webform to update them about the same? Would appreciate if you can provide your contact number so I might discuss the same over call/SMS
Union councils do issue a Divorce Registration Certificate which shows date of notice of divorce and the date of failure of conciliation. This is what IRCC wants to see that you have spent 90 days for reconciliation as laid down in the law.
I was issued this document and that's what works.

khan.hammad

Mar 6, 2019
Union councils do issue a Divorce Registration Certificate which shows date of notice of divorce and the date of failure of conciliation. This is what IRCC wants to see that you have spent 90 days for reconciliation as laid down in the law.
I was issued this document and that's what works.
I just went to NADRA and came to know that their db was not updated. My divorce certificate does not have 90 days gap between Date of Notice and Date of Divorce so I just had my marital status changed through NADRA and submitted web-form to inform the same to IRCC. I just hope it works Insha'Allah :)

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I just went to NADRA and came to know that their db was not updated. My divorce certificate does not have 90 days gap between Date of Notice and Date of Divorce so I just had my marital status changed through NADRA and submitted web-form to inform the same to IRCC. I just hope it works Insha'Allah :)
IRCC will specifically ask you for certificate from Union Council, that is one of the main factors in eligibility review because as per law you're supposed to spend that 90 day period of conciliation and you gotta prove that too.
I saw a case very recently in similar situation where they received a PFL. Not sure how but strongly suggest to get one from UC to avoid complication later on.

khan.hammad

Mar 6, 2019
Bro I've already provided the certificate issued by Union Council. It's just that my divorce status was not updated in NADRA's records as you have to get it done yourself. Now I've done that as well. What else am I supposed to provide?

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Bro I've already provided the certificate issued by Union Council. It's just that my divorce status was not updated in NADRA's records as you have to get it done yourself. Now I've done that as well. What else am I supposed to provide?
In that case wait for IRCC to review and if anything they will contact you.