+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Divorce after becoming PR

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by deadbird, Jul 8, 2017.

  1. Only a Canadian family lawyer can answer. Not really an immigration issue.
  2. Would you be able to help out with a contact? It would be great help
  3. Don't know anyone personally, but the law firm that hosts these forums might be helpful. They are lawyers, after all.

    Obligatory disclaimer - I'm not an employee or in any way associated with them.
  4. @legalfalcon would you know sny contact?
  5. since your marriage was not registered in Canada, you dont need to file any divorce in Canada.

    in-fact you can re-marry in Canada even without your divorce coming thru in India.
  6. This is absolutely wrong. Good way to get arrested for bigamy.
    YVR123 and vmanojk123 like this.
  7. N
    no.. that is against the law.
  8. Pl
    Please suggest its urgent!!
    I am primary applicant .About to receive
    Copr.But there has been some problem and my husband (secondary applicant)refuses to land in Canada .I will land with my kids.Will his failure to land before the last date and subsequent cancellation of pr affect my pr status?
  9. No issues
  10. If you and your husband are no longer together you would need to withdraw his name from the application.
  12. Thanks.

Share This Page