+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distant Relative - MPNP

Mar 8, 2018
I want to sponsor my sisters (one application at a time). They are getting maximum points with me as Manitoba Supporter who is living in Winnipeg (575) however I haven't looked at Distant Relative points yet. We have 4 families who can act as distant relatives, but I am not sure how many points can be claimed for distant relatives. Can someone please shed some light?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I want to sponsor my sisters (one application at a time). They are getting maximum points with me as Manitoba Supporter who is living in Winnipeg (575) however I haven't looked at Distant Relative points yet. We have 4 families who can act as distant relatives, but I am not sure how many points can be claimed for distant relatives. Can someone please shed some light?
So who are they supporting? What do you mean by distant? Uncle, first cousin?

Mar 8, 2018
Sorry for the confusion. I want to act as the main sponsor as a close relative/brother (so that they can claim 200 points). In addition to that, can they claim 50 or multiples of 50 points for distant relatives? Distant relatives are our mom's cousins.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Sorry for the confusion. I want to act as the main sponsor as a close relative/brother (so that they can claim 200 points). In addition to that, can they claim 50 or multiples of 50 points for distant relatives? Distant relatives are our mom's cousins.
There is no such thing as distant relatives can claim 50 multiples of 50 points, it is only 10 points, it doesn't matter how many family members are in Manitoba