+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distance degree from UGC recognized uni. is valid.

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sir,

Iam graduated for IGNOU (UGC, UNESCO certified, under Govt. of India) its distance learning program, i have done BCA from there. and have very decent 2.5 Years of work experience, i m CCNP, CCNA, RHCE globally certified. is there any cahnces for my to get visa for SPP program. for PR they give full 25 points for MBA from IGNOU.

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's hard to comment on visa approval or refusal.you will know about it only when you apply.now coming to your question nowhere on the guidelines of cic it is written that distance learning program applicants will not be eligible for visa in any category.All you need is offer letter from school to apply for visa.As long as you have offer letter you are good to go.

good luck

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kjz_box said:
Dear Sir,

Iam graduated for IGNOU (UGC, UNESCO certified, under Govt. of India) its distance learning program, i have done BCA from there. and have very decent 2.5 Years of work experience, i m CCNP, CCNA, RHCE globally certified. is there any cahnces for my to get visa for SPP program. for PR they give full 25 points for MBA from IGNOU.

1. Academically, you are eligible to apply on the basis of IGNOU qualification.

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this on website.

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected"

and on this website there are several people who got 25 point for PR for their MBA for IGNOU.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

kjz_box said:
I found this on website.

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected"

and on this website there are several people who got 25 point for PR for their MBA for IGNOU.

1. It's relevant only if you are applying for PR from India, once in Canada you have options to apply for PR under CEC/PNP where your 25 points are of no use.

kjz_box

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
and now i found this also...

Impact of length of program of study in Canada and the length of the work permit
A Post-Graduation Work Permit cannot be valid longer than the official length of your program of study in Canada. For example, students graduating from a four-year degree program might be eligible for a three-year year work permit. Students graduating from an eight-month certificate program would only be eligible for a work permit of eight months.

If the official length of your program of study is:

less than eight months
you are not eligible for this program
less than two years but more than eight months
you may get a work permit for a period no longer than the length of your program of study (for example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months)
two years or more
a work permit may be issued for three years
You are not eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program if you:

study in a program that is less than eight months long
participate in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
participate in a Government of Canada Awards Program funded by DFAIT
receive funding from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
participate in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada-Chile
participate in the Canada-China Scholars Exchanges Program
participate in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
participate in a distance learning program either from abroad or from within Canada or
have previously been issued a Post-Graduation Work Permit following any other program of study.

does it mean that after completion of 1 year full-time PGDiploma from any college in Canada, i wont be able to get work permit because my graduation is from Distance learning from India?

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bro. seems like you are too confused. Post study work permit has no connection with distance learning program which u completed in India..yes u will be eligible for post graduate work permit after completing PGD from canada.

saif8015

Nov 20, 2018
Hi..

I have done BBA through distance education in Madras university. Am I eligible for jobs in Canada with distance education ?