+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dissimilarity in the Name

frmBD

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Dear Experts,

I am looking for your valuable advice on my issue. I am canadian PR and I want to bring my mother as PR or Tourist. But I have found some discrepancy in between our passport info. At my passort the name of my mother is not as it is at her passport. More clearly at my passport the name of mother is Mrs Nur jahan Begum. However at her passport her name is written as Nur Jahan Kafil. Kafil word comes from my fathers name.
Now my question. Is this a big issue to get visa for my mother. Then what is your suggestions . How can I solve the issue.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear Experts,

I am looking for your valuable advice on my issue. I am canadian PR and I want to bring my mother as PR or Tourist. But I have found some discrepancy in between our passport info. At my passort the name of my mother is not as it is at her passport. More clearly at my passport the name of mother is Mrs Nur jahan Begum. However at her passport her name is written as Nur Jahan Kafil. Kafil word comes from my fathers name.
Now my question. Is this a big issue to get visa for my mother. Then what is your suggestions . How can I solve the issue.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
I think it's more important that your birth certificate shows the correct name of your mother.

Most passports do not have "mother and father's name". So that's generally not asked to proof the relationship for visitor visa.