+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dismissed Case

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
I am asking everyone's help or insights about our application. We applied outland last September 2016. Early 2017, we received Procedural Fairness letter stating thAt the applicant is criminally inadmissable to Canada due to a dismissed case that happened more than 15 years ago. We sent everything including court documents, submissions and a police check which indicate A No Criminal Record. 4 months after sending our reply to fairness letter, we received additional document request which is another police check. That we thought it was a refusal. We sent it right away. And then few months again, we recieved a new request to redo the medical because the first upfront already expired. We passed the second medical and the same time, on gckey it says we are processing your background check. Its been almost 7 months now since our status is like this and no updates but complete silence.

I asked MPs help, the feedback I got is that they are still doing criminality verifications which has no timeframe. Is this normal that they are doing a deep criminality verifications because of the dismissed case but was not convicted, charged, or imprisonment?

What are the chances of getting a visa considering that they requested a few more documents including a second medical after our reply to fairness letter. How much time we have to wait for the decision? Is it a good sign that we are not hearing from them for months? Thanks everyone!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Everyone gets a criminality check. Just part of the normal process. Also normal not to hear for months. In my opinion it sounds like your application is being processed normally. You can order the GCMS notes to get more info about your case although MP already told you that they are at the criminality review stage.

Reactions: Virgo29

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
If they have suspicions or evidence of previous criminal charges (convicted or not) they can dig as deep as they feel necessary to confirm or disprove criminality or the risk the applicant presents. It’s their mandate to protect Canada/Canadians from potential threats (not to infer your spouse is a criminal or a threat) so the process can be pretty exhaustive.

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Everyone gets a criminality check. Just part of the normal process. Also normal not to hear for months. In my opinion it sounds like your application is being processed normally. You can order the GCMS notes to get more info about your case although MP already told you that they are at the criminality review stage.
Hi, Canuck. Do you think we have a chance of getting approved? Why did they asked to redo the medical in the first place after sending submissions? Thanks

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
If they have suspicions or evidence of previous criminal charges (convicted or not) they can dig as deep as they feel necessary to confirm or disprove criminality or the risk the applicant presents. It’s their mandate to protect Canada/Canadians from potential threats (not to infer your spouse is a criminal or a threat) so the process can be pretty exhaustive.
But how come they just do this( criminality verifications) only at this time? After almost 24 months of our application. Why not during the first 12 months? Is this the last stage? Thanks

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
But how come they just do this( criminality verifications) only at this time? After almost 24 months of our application. Why not during the first 12 months? Is this the last stage? Thanks
Your application has been delayed by the initial criminal review. You provided additional documents which CIC had to evaluate and change course on the application. You're outside the 12-month "standard" but it does sound like it's progressing.

Reactions: Virgo29

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Your application has been delayed by the initial criminal review. You provided additional documents which CIC had to evaluate and change course on the application. You're outside the 12-month "standard" but it does sound like it's progressing.
Also at the time of their application the estimated wait time was 24 months if I am not mistaken.

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
As an expert, do you think we have a chance of getting approved? And our waiting is just normal? Thanks a lot

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017
Also at the time of their application the estimated wait time was 24 months if I am not mistaken.
Yes, you are right .24-26 months processing times. We are close almost to 24 this month. Is this normal? What are the chances of us getting approved? The long wait is killing us. Thanks

Virgo29

Jun 10, 2017

Hi again, if they are still doing the criminal review or verifications, how long it does normally takes? Is there such thing as second background check? Thanks

mhakhaou

Jun 7, 2023
Hi again, if they are still doing the criminal review or verifications, how long it does normally takes? Is there such thing as second background check? Thanks
I am asking everyone's help or insights about our application. We applied outland last September 2016. Early 2017, we received Procedural Fairness letter stating thAt the applicant is criminally inadmissable to Canada due to a dismissed case that happened more than 15 years ago. We sent everything including court documents, submissions and a police check which indicate A No Criminal Record. 4 months after sending our reply to fairness letter, we received additional document request which is another police check. That we thought it was a refusal. We sent it right away. And then few months again, we recieved a new request to redo the medical because the first upfront already expired. We passed the second medical and the same time, on gckey it says we are processing your background check. Its been almost 7 months now since our status is like this and no updates but complete silence.

I asked MPs help, the feedback I got is that they are still doing criminality verifications which has no timeframe. Is this normal that they are doing a deep criminality verifications because of the dismissed case but was not convicted, charged, or imprisonment?

What are the chances of getting a visa considering that they requested a few more documents including a second medical after our reply to fairness letter. How much time we have to wait for the decision? Is it a good sign that we are not hearing from them for months? Thanks everyone!

Any update on your case?

Annie503

May 2, 2023

What was the decision on this case?