+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

discussion on Physio Registration in Canada

Shazphysio

Mar 18, 2011
Dear All,
I am a Physiotherapist who has applied for immigration to Canada (Toronto) and has received the File No two weeks ago. Request any senior member/Physio who has already undergone the process or can provide information on the following;
1) Is it recommended to start the credentialling process prior to getting the Visa?
2) Is the Academic IELTS required to be taken for the credential process? I have already taken the General test and scored a Band 8 overall.

Will be great if we can keep this as an on going "Physio Thread" to discuss as I still have many more questions! :)
Thank You!

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Credentialing takes time and money, especially if the Alliance decides that you need to take additional courses before being allowed to sit for the exam.
2) Yes, Academic IELTS is required, not only for the Alliance, but also if you have to register for classes in any Canadian institution.

Shazphysio

Mar 18, 2011
Dear Trina,
Thank you for the prompt reply!
Is there anywhere in Canada i would be able to work without credentialling?
I know that the alliance charges 780CAD for the process. What is the fee for the Licensing exam after your credentials are valid? Do they charge extra for the PLAR or any other course if necessary?

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Without credentialing you will not be able to practice physiotherapy but it is possible to get work as a PTA.

The PLAR fee is different from the processing fee. The written exam costs $775 and the clinical exam costs $1200.

Shazphysio

Mar 18, 2011
Thanx Trina,
Just curious to know have you already landed?
Do you have any idea of the jobs for PTAs in and around Toronto?
Would there be a need for any specific documents besides the qualifications and resume' of the home country?

abhay175

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23RD FEB
AOR Received.
7/3/12, Second Line added : 28/05/2012
Med's Request
09/10/12
Med's Done....
15/10/12, Medical received on 26/10/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09/10/12, RPRF encashed on 20/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 30/11/12.......Passport and COPR on 04/12/12
hi all,
i m a physiotherapist.
i have already got my visa planning to land in march or April in Calgary , Alberta.
i need some advise:
should i start credentialing from here as my IELTS result will expire in march 2013?
if yes than can British council send my results even after 1 and 1/2 year of my results?
if yes than whts the procedure?