+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disclosure of Incomplete/Rejected Father's Application for PR in my Application

al2un

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,

I am in the post-ITA stage and am completing my application for submission. I have been advised to disclose in my application that my father had applied for Canadian immigration years back and that I was a dependent on his application.

The problem is that my father does not remember the exact status of the application, the reason as to why it did not proceed and whether it was rejected. He only remembers that there was some program for investors/entrepreneurs under which he had applied and that program was discontinued or replaced by some other program.

However, my father was able to track down the consultant who had handled his case and the consultant has even provided a document dated November 2013 sent to my father through the consultant where the relevant authorities have requested for further documents from my father.

The consultant even told me that this was NOT a refusal. Instead that my father chose not to proceed with the case and therefore I think the application never reached the decision point. I want to ask that:

i) What exactly should I include in my explanation? The category under which my father had applied was some investor/entrepreneur category. Should I upload that letter which the consultant has provided which was addressed to my father back in 2013 as if I answer Yes to the question as to whether I have applied before then there could be a separate placeholder to upload some documents relating to the previous application.

ii) There is a question in the personal details section under immigration history and citizenships that 'Has Mr. xxx applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?' and then there are two questions in the personal history section under statutory questions that 'Has Mr. xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?' and 'Has Arun Kumar ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?'

My understanding is that my answer to the first question should be Yes (referring to my father's application) and I can give the details and my answer to the other two questions should be No since this was not a rejection. Can you confirm as I am able to get the difference between these questions and they look very similar.

Regards.