+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Disclosing Previous Education

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Okay
the company i worked is in INDIA, we were doing GPS tracking system for CABs , my project in engineering was of same, initial before i went to UK i worked with them on prototype model for demo as i was in the same background,

I gave a promise to them that i can support them remotely from UK for any customer demos or project work, while i was studying in UK i did support them,
came to India ( they sponsored me ) to give 2 demos during my break time.

Unfortunately i couldnt complete as i was not happy with the university and the course i took up, and returned to india without completing the degree, few subjects i failed due to lack of interest, after I returned to home country i joined the same organization and worked till 2012, which i have legal pay stubs, it returns, every thing that is required for my work for associated with them since 2008 till 2012 after that i moved on to worlds biggest mobile manufacturer company and so on my work exp moved on ...

This happened 10 years back.
Your visa was student visa , and this is in your file. Even if you dont mention it they will know you went their for education. Maybe its better to just explain you went for so and so degree, but because of reasons did not complete it.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
A condition of studies is return to home country, so you want to lie in order to emigrate. Yes that's very unethical.
While this is true, the real motive behind that clause is for people to not illegally overstay. Think about it, they have programs that are specifically aimed at people who have studied from Canada or having extra points from studying & working in Canada. If the real message was to study & go back home there wouldn't be any points given on those criteria's.

Reactions: Tete

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
the company i worked is in INDIA, we were doing GPS tracking system for CABs , my project in engineering was of same, initial before i went to UK i worked with them on prototype model for demo as i was in the same background,

I gave a promise to them that i can support them remotely from UK for any customer demos or project work, while i was studying in UK i did support them,
came to India ( they sponsored me ) to give 2 demos during my break time.

Unfortunately i couldnt complete as i was not happy with the university and the course i took up, and returned to india without completing the degree, few subjects i failed due to lack of interest, after I returned to home country i joined the same organization and worked till 2012, which i have legal pay stubs, it returns, every thing that is required for my work for associated with them since 2008 till 2012 after that i moved on to worlds biggest mobile manufacturer company and so on my work exp moved on ...

This happened 10 years back.
Soooo... what was the legal end of your UK story? Did your visa expired or it was ended without prejudice?

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
While this is true, the real motive behind that clause is for people to not illegally overstay. Think about it, they have programs that are specifically aimed at people who have studied from Canada or having extra points from studying & working in Canada. If the real message was to study & go back home there wouldn't be any points given on those criteria's.
That is true, but before you come to Canada you must fulfill the requirements of temporary visa stay

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Soooo... what was the legal end of your UK story? Did your visa expired or it was ended without prejudice?
I returned middle of the course... Due to my personal reasons and choice of degree i returned and continued in same office where i started... No where in the application i lied.. It asked abt my degree i didnt lie.. It asked about my travel for the last 10 years.. So i neither lied nor hid any details...i didnt even over stay in uk... I have a pcc for uk and it is clean with no criminal records...

Last edited:

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
And during that period there is NO Biometric collection for Student visa for UK , also Air travel history is generally deleted after every 5 years in UK ... i dont think i have done any thing wrong in this case.

Last edited:

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Universities always maintain record. 10 years is not enough time that universities would discard record. If you contact them they will have your information, and will probably provide documentation to show your stay there.
Personally, I dont think leaving a degree is something out of ordinary. It happens a lot. Due to health reasons, personal reasons, change in career, life happens.
Instead of trying to hide it, just be honest about it in your letter of explanation, and why you took the decisions you took and why now you are returning to education.

Reactions: janesama

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Universities always maintain record. 10 years is not enough time that universities would discard record. If you contact them they will have your information, and will probably provide documentation to show your stay there.
Personally, I dont think leaving a degree is something out of ordinary. It happens a lot. Due to health reasons, personal reasons, change in career, life happens.
Instead of trying to hide it, just be honest about it in your letter of explanation, and why you took the decisions you took and why now you are returning to education.
Thanks for the info. Hope for the best...

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Then show proof that you didn't complete. No one is going to take your word for it
As u said i shld have mentioned abt it in my sop atleast... Now i got my aip... I would want to see what will happen... Hope every thing goes well... If they ask additional information i will surely explain them in detail... Hoping for the best

After thorough search and i did not provide my biometrics when i went to england.. At tht time there is no biometrics for uk student visa and even in the aiport they did not take my fingerprints...
Hope it wouldnt be an issue

Nuttykumar

Star Member
Aug 29, 2020
Biometrics for student visa was implemented in the year 2015, untill then they dont have any biometric information. And genernally Air Travell information is only shared for the last 5 years and destroyed after 5 years time elapsed.
So this is kind of relaxing for me for now, but still fingers crossed any ways .......