+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Directly Related work experience in BC PNP

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
hi everyone,

Will express entry BC PNP system consider work experience as industrial electrician(7242), directly related to Electrician(7241). The guide states as follows

"The BC PNP defines directly related work experience as paid employment that is classified under the
same NOC code as the B.C. job offer that you have accepted. Experience in a related occupation at a NOC skill level equal to or greater than the NOC code of the B.C. job offer may also be included if, at the time of application, you can satisfactorily demonstrate how this work experience is directly related."

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
hi everyone,

Will express entry BC PNP system consider work experience as industrial electrician(7242), directly related to Electrician(7241). The guide states as follows

"The BC PNP defines directly related work experience as paid employment that is classified under the
same NOC code as the B.C. job offer that you have accepted. Experience in a related occupation at a NOC skill level equal to or greater than the NOC code of the B.C. job offer may also be included if, at the time of application, you can satisfactorily demonstrate how this work experience is directly related."
What are you applying for bc pnp express entry?

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
The job offer or noc in which you are working now should be greater or similar to the other noc for which you are claiming points. If you claimed point for direct related work experience for lower noc you will be in trouble

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
The job offer or noc in which you are working now should be greater or similar to the other noc for which you are claiming points. If you claimed point for direct related work experience for lower noc you will be in trouble
thanks for prompt reply, greater in what sense like in skill level. Both comes under skill level B

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
thanks for prompt reply, greater in what sense like in skill level. Both comes under skill level B
But noc should be greater or equal. Speaking from personal experience. Greater means if you work under 7242 so this should be greater than 7241

Last edited:

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
But noc should be greater or equal. Speaking from personal experience. Greater means if you work under 7242 so this should be greater than 7241
so that means it should be fine, as I have worked under 7242 before and my present job is under 7241, that means my previous work experience noc was greater than the bc job offer, that’s what they said in the statement.
Correct me if i am wrong

jpcanada

Oct 31, 2020
so that means it should be fine, as I have worked under 7242 before and my present job is under 7241, that means my previous work experience noc was greater than the bc job offer, that’s what they said in the statement.
Correct me if i am wrong
Did you get any clarification on this? I am in the same situation. The bulk of my experience is in NOC 7242 but I'm now working in NOC 7241 (which is very basic by comparison). I'm hoping I'm still eligible for BC PNP.

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
Hi JP,
I have not applied for BC pnp and instead applied directly for federal express entry. And they accepted both NOCs as work experience. As I understand it should be fine for BC Pnp as well, as long you can show them that both the work experiences are similar. I heard from a friend who applied for bc pnp with same situation and got approved.

Thekawalsohal

Mar 11, 2021
Hi JP,
I have not applied for BC pnp and instead applied directly for federal express entry. And they accepted both NOCs as work experience. As I understand it should be fine for BC Pnp as well, as long you can show them that both the work experiences are similar. I heard from a friend who applied for bc pnp with same situation and got approved.
hi, do we have to copy all the responsibilities of NOC code 7242 or we have to change wording>