+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIRECT HIRE: How to find an employer and get hired as a Foreign Applicant

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Yes, this is what I have experienced.
Not only in Canadian companies also outsider.
Still it seems like LIMA is impossible.
Yes,the most difficult part is always an LMIA.It's process is hard and fees are high and there are limit to how much employer can hire Foreign Worker. My LMIA /My employers LMIA has been rejected 3 times. I also had many opportunities when I had employers willing to hire me,who had already got approved LMIA but for some reason I refused it and have been regretting it since 3 months. It's hard,it seems likely impossible but it's possible with little extra effort. Better than paying $25000. U.S to agents/recruiter for job in Canada.

Reactions: porosh17

syed.naeem

Apr 16, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am from pakistan working at DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. I am a professional Long haul Truck driver with 12 years experience of dump truck,tractor trailer and 10 ton truck across border. Now I am looking for job in Canada . Please guide and help me if anyone can . thanks to all of you

Sujan Kingston

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi Guys,
I am from pakistan working at DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. I am a professional Long haul Truck driver with 12 years experience of dump truck,tractor trailer and 10 ton truck across border. Now I am looking for job in Canada . Please guide and help me if anyone can . thanks to all of you
If you want to work in Canada then,you need LMIA and Work Permit. You can start searching for job via the following websites:
* Jobbank.gc.ca
*Indeed.Ca
*workbc.ca
*Workpolis etc
It will be difficult to find employers willing to go through LMIA process but your skill as Long Haul Truck Driver is in Demand position in Canada. Mostly these positions are available within International Recruitment agencies in Canada,employers use Employment agencies to recruit foreign workers for them. I suggest you contact employers in Canada and also Recruitment agencies for that... Time and Patience is needed for that,otherwise you can pay thousands of Dollars to get Job in Canada.

Reactions: syed.naeem

porosh17

Jan 31, 2017
It's hard,it seems likely impossible but it's possible with little extra effort. Better than paying $25000. U.S to agents/recruiter for job in Canada.
Canada is a strict country.
They way you are talking is impossible I think.

syed.naeem

Apr 16, 2018
Hello guys,
How are you doing today?
I am 42 years old Pakistani, working in Dubai as a Long haul Truck driver with having almost 13 years experience in all over Gulf Countries .Now I am looking for job in canada as a Dump Truck Driver or Long Haul Truck Driver . If anybody knows about any employer please help me to get job.
Syed Naeem
00971 55 613 8386

smilewinnipeg16

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
How to find an employer from other country? I have applied and send many resumes just they reply we need locally?

Any tips or guidance please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How to find an employer from other country? I have applied and send many resumes just they reply we need locally?

Any tips or guidance please?
You should focus on obtaining PR. It's next to impossible to secure a job offer as a foreign worker.

udon

Nov 18, 2018
I am having a hard time finding a direct employer. Would you be able to help me, please? Anything will be highly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am having a hard time finding a direct employer. Would you be able to help me, please? Anything will be highly appreciated.
There are no jobs or employers on this forum. If you wish to find a job/employer, you'll need to apply for jobs through web sites such as indeed.com.

Generally speaking, it's extremely difficult to find an employer in Canada.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
I personally know someone who got head hunted by their employer on LinkedIn. The employer convinced him to move to Canada. They did the LMIA and everything on their own and when it got approved, he submitted the application online. He got the WP + TRV for family in 2 week priority processing.

Fingers crossed everyone!

anner maced

Dec 7, 2018
hi . im a newbie also on the forum.
i planned to apply in hk agency last january .but before that i tried to send my applications through the jobbanksite. i think i have sent 30 emails. the first response i rrceived was thank you for applying but we need local .so i thought that one was the last. after a month a an email said that they would like to have interview . after two days they hired me. now the employer called me that the lmo.is approved. now were just waiting for the releasining. hopefully this week

Anu po ung mga requirements kailangan para magapply work as Canada through online lang? Kailangn po ba ung ielts?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I personally know someone who got head hunted by their employer on LinkedIn. The employer convinced him to move to Canada. They did the LMIA and everything on their own and when it got approved, he submitted the application online. He got the WP + TRV for family in 2 week priority processing.

Fingers crossed everyone!
If you have highly specialized skills your chances of approval are much higher.

Mohd Rafique

May 8, 2019
Hi Guys, we can use this forum regarding getting hired directly by Canadian Employer while applying from outside of Canada as Foreign Applicants (Filipinos and everyone else). Please share your experiences, suggestions, Tips, jobs to look for, and anything under the sun that can make us hopeful applicants find an employer and fulfill our dreams of working in Canada..Thanks everyone!
I have experience in fmcg marketing, retail shop, industry