+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DIRECT HIRE: How to find an employer and get hired as a Foreign Applicant

adl1980

Feb 19, 2014
Hi Guys, we can use this forum regarding getting hired directly by Canadian Employer while applying from outside of Canada as Foreign Applicants (Filipinos and everyone else). Please share your experiences, suggestions, Tips, jobs to look for, and anything under the sun that can make us hopeful applicants find an employer and fulfill our dreams of working in Canada..Thanks everyone!

adl1980

Feb 19, 2014
anyone who can share their experience like how many applications, which sitse, waiting time, challengers along the way before hearing a good news or getting noticed by an employer? C'mon guys. Please help us hopefuls..

Reactions: Neliataguimacon

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
adl1980 said:
Hi Guys, we can use this forum regarding getting hired directly by Canadian Employer while applying from outside of Canada as Foreign Applicants (Filipinos and everyone else). Please share your experiences, suggestions, Tips, jobs to look for, and anything under the sun that can make us hopeful applicants find an employer and fulfill our dreams of working in Canada..Thanks everyone!

Hi. Based on my experience I got my employer thru Canada job bank. Just patiently send resume with cover letter directly to the employers. They will respond to your application. I have been sending resume three months before I found my employer. Just pray and God will guide you in every step of the way. Good luck

denyelay

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC 6474
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
Med's Request
29-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-09-2014
Passport Req..
21-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014
LANDED..........
15-12-2014
adl1980 said:
anyone who can share their experience like how many applications, which sitse, waiting time, challengers along the way before hearing a good news or getting noticed by an employer? C'mon guys. Please help us hopefuls..

Just go to this site and search a position you want to apply http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/job_search_results.do?searchstring=live-in+caregiver&button.submit=Search or http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Intro-eng.aspx. Good luck.

adl1980

Feb 19, 2014
denyelay said:
Just go to this site and search a position you want to apply http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/job_search_results.do?searchstring=live-in+caregiver&button.submit=Search or http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Intro-eng.aspx. Good luck.
I appreciate the response thanks. Anyone else who can share? those who found jobs as Food Attendant and Kitchen Helpers?

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
adl1980 said:
I appreciate the response thanks. Anyone else who can share? those who found jobs as Food Attendant and Kitchen Helpers?
Hi there lemme share my experiences:

I have been applying since 2009. I have tried all the possible means. To be honest, i think i have sent about 5k plus applications to each and every provinces in Canada. Some of them would respond with " please reapply once ur status have changed and if u already have rights to work in Canada". This is what I usually get.

The best thing that really worked for me is by going through each and every company websites ( from smallest to biggest firms). It will really pay off if you dont lose patience and hope. And just last year i managed to find an employer out of thr 5k plus applications I have sent out.

Go to your google, try to do searches by keywords like "lmo jobs canada". This will lead you to all the sites that offers such. Meanwhile, u may want to try kijiji , job bank.gc.ca , monster.ca .

Good luck hopefuls.

May the Good Lord Bless You and Guide you all through out.

adl1980

Feb 19, 2014
durchbeisser_17 said:
Hi there lemme share my experiences:

I have been applying since 2009. I have tried all the possible means. To be honest, i think i have sent about 5k plus applications to each and every provinces in Canada. Some of them would respond with " please reapply once ur status have changed and if u already have rights to work in Canada". This is what I usually get.

The best thing that really worked for me is by going through each and every company websites ( from smallest to biggest firms). It will really pay off if you dont lose patience and hope. And just last year i managed to find an employer out of thr 5k plus applications I have sent out.

Go to your google, try to do searches by keywords like "lmo jobs canada". This will lead you to all the sites that offers such. Meanwhile, u may want to try kijiji , job bank.gc.ca , monster.ca .

Good luck hopefuls.

May the Good Lord Bless You and Guide you all through out.
Wow. Saludo ako sayo. ang tyaga mo and sana mapantayan ko yang ganyang sipag at faith :)

Reactions: RAYMART

adl1980

Feb 19, 2014
Sana marami pang magshare ng experiences at pointers nila sa forum natin. Let all hopefuls be inspired with your stories and make every other job seeker become successful and make the Canada dream a reality.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
adl1980 said:
Sana marami pang magshare ng experiences at pointers nila sa forum natin. Let all hopefuls be inspired with your stories and make every other job seeker become successful and make the Canada dream a reality.
Kindly check also saskjobs.ca

Reactions: Dedy and RAYMART

jing16

Jan 7, 2014
hi . im a newbie also on the forum.
i planned to apply in hk agency last january .but before that i tried to send my applications through the jobbanksite. i think i have sent 30 emails. the first response i rrceived was thank you for applying but we need local .so i thought that one was the last. after a month a an email said that they would like to have interview . after two days they hired me. now the employer called me that the lmo.is approved. now were just waiting for the releasining. hopefully this week

adl1980

Feb 19, 2014
jing16 said:
hi . im a newbie also on the forum.
i planned to apply in hk agency last january .but before that i tried to send my applications through the jobbanksite. i think i have sent 30 emails. the first response i rrceived was thank you for applying but we need local .so i thought that one was the last. after a month a an email said that they would like to have interview . after two days they hired me. now the employer called me that the lmo.is approved. now were just waiting for the releasining. hopefully this week
WOW. congrats. What position did you apply for and what company? That is the fastest application I ever heard. Some got hired after more than 1000 applications, some took it 6 months up. Can you share your techniques in applying please?

Reactions: RAYMART

jing16

Jan 7, 2014
adl1980 said:
WOW. congrats. What position did you apply for and what company? That is the fastest application I ever heard. Some got hired after more than 1000 applications, some took it 6 months up. Can you share your techniques in applying please?
[/quote

I am applying for the position of live in.caregiver. at first i send email stating that im.interested about the job and i told them that i have 3 yrs expirience in child care. after 3 wks the employer replied that i will send them my resume .after one wk they told me they like my resume and would love to have interview. after two days they already confirmed. and now my LMO arrived and ready to process in canaduan embassy. i started sending emails last jan 10 and march 4. the LMO arrived .

for me just patiently wait rather going in agency and spend a.lot money

Reactions: charwin

malevampire

Mar 10, 2014
hi guys, just wanna know how to get employer in canada?. or what site. im newbie here. im currently in kuwait know working for 3 yrs now as line cook. jpa.manuel@gmail.com

cypres

Oct 21, 2014
jing16 said:
adl1980 said:
[/quote

I am applying for the position of live in.caregiver. at first i send email stating that im.interested about the job and i told them that i have 3 yrs expirience in child care. after 3 wks the employer replied that i will send them my resume .after one wk they told me they like my resume and would love to have interview. after two days they already confirmed. and now my LMO arrived and ready to process in canaduan embassy. i started sending emails last jan 10 and march 4. the LMO arrived .

for me just patiently wait rather going in agency and spend a.lot money
did you pay any other fees like filing fee, processing fee and etc. to your employer? my LMO hasnt arrived yet its been 5 months already, and theres still no update from my employer, :( :(

Reactions: Saleem4567