+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct CoPR without PPR in CIC Account

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
guys,
please let us know here if someone receives something by mail(not email). I am in different situation , I am stuck in India because of COVID and had received the same COPR letter in my email and CIC account. I am going to apply for a permanent resident travel document as mentioned in the COPR letter.

Kaur257S

Jun 7, 2020
Hi, I'm a PNP inland and today I got an email from IRCC Kitchner that reads

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

I've never received CoPR or PPR on my account. I got this e-mail directly.

Based on what the e-mail says, I should only send a CoPR if I have one, otherwise I assume I should just print this e-mail and send them the photo, is that right?
My case is EXACTLY same!!!
However, in my letter it is clearly mentioned that if u don’t have Copr document just send the photo with uci number in the back and the copy of the letter!!

Tanya1617

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hello All,

Guys how long does it take to get COPR via email after the COPR gets approved in cic portal?

Thanks

Reactions: brbc

akforever99

Star Member
Apr 22, 2020
Hi guys, I am in the same boat and just mailed my PR card photo out last week. I saw people in other thread say that they can link PR card application in CIC account and track the status. Did anybody try that? or is there any other way to get updates of PR card processing? Thanks

Eli1001

Dec 11, 2019
hi all, i got my COPR last week (content same as the one that others mentioned above with a COPR #) and it asked to send them 2 photos, so i sent a copy of the letter and photos, now i am worried if i should have wait for a hard copy COPR??? and what will happen to work permit and visa that we have now? will it be invalid automatically?

Virk13

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
guys,
please let us know here if someone receives something by mail(not email). I am in different situation , I am stuck in India because of COVID and had received the same COPR letter in my email and CIC account. I am going to apply for a permanent resident travel document as mentioned in the COPR letter.
Hii Congratulations... what is ur timeline ?

Kuldeep19

Mar 10, 2019
Hi,
Has any one been asked to send the photo and information letter to below location? I shipped it and courier service said that the shipment was refused by the receiver. Has anyone faced this issue recently?

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
235 Queen Street, Level C3, Suite 005
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
Hi,
Has any one been asked to send the photo and information letter to below location? I shipped it and courier service said that the shipment was refused by the receiver. Has anyone faced this issue recently?

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
235 Queen Street, Level C3, Suite 005
Ottawa, ON K1A 0H5
Hey,

I am from Ottawa, and I mailed mine to this address

IRCC - NHQ (Mailroom) – PR card photos
Ottawa Office (3122)
365 Laurier Ave. West
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

I sent it here because this was the address listed on top of my CoPR pdf.

I hope it helps..