+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct CoPR without PPR in CIC Account

Chimera29

Jul 11, 2019
COPR is completely different document. You can search that online. So I think this is just information letter. I got the same letter. Not sure wheather to wait for actual COPR to get delivered at my home or to send photos with this letter
I believe it's a different document as well. I'm gonna go ahead and wait for the COPR letter to arrive in the mailbox.

I'm planning to send a COPY of the physical letter (COPR) with 1 photo to the address requested but the instruction doesn't mention 'A copy', it just says 'COPR'. I'm pretty sure they've asked for a copy but can someone chime in please?

"If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above"

KJQQDJ

Nov 14, 2019
I'm not sure my answer is helpful or not, I have the same situation with you guys. And I called IRCC yesterday, the agent told me that I won't receive COPR, I need send a copy of the "information letter" and a photo to the address that listed. So I just did what she asked me to do after I hanged up the phone. But based on my viewing of your replies, the agents have different answers of our situation, so IDK I did wrong or right.

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
I believe it's a different document as well. I'm gonna go ahead and wait for the COPR letter to arrive in the mailbox.

I'm planning to send a COPY of the physical letter (COPR) with 1 photo to the address requested but the instruction doesn't mention 'A copy', it just says 'COPR'. I'm pretty sure they've asked for a copy but can someone chime in please?

"If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above"

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you
are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has
changed, please provide us with your current address.

If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your
permanent resident card once we receive it.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,
this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this
letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a
federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this
one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

I sent this letter with the required photos to the address stated in the letter for my pr card

Reactions: ingoingoingo

Hemish

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees
and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a
permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the
documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of
Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that
meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your
unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has

If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one
photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of
Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when
it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,
this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this
federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this
one-year period.

We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be
delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent
resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

If you leave Canada without a permanent resident card, you will have to apply for a permanent
resident travel document through a visa office. Otherwise, you will not be able to board a
commercial vehicle (plane, train, bus or boat) to come back to Canada. Please visit our website for more information.

The UCI in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number and it provides access to information on your IRCC file. For your own protection, do not allow any other person to use this number.

Sincerely,

I sent this letter with the required photos to the address stated in the letter for my pr card
I got same letter and I have sent also.

Chimera29

Jul 11, 2019

one-year period.

Sincerely,

Thank you CG7, I received nearly the same message BUT it's missing the most important bit, I'm guessing i'll just have to wait for the COPR document in the mail.

Mar 2, 2020
Anyone knows how long it takes to produce the PR card. I might move to a new place in a few months. Will I be able to update the address?

Pradiep1993

Aug 17, 2016
Thank you CG7, I received nearly the same message BUT it's missing the most important bit, I'm guessing i'll just have to wait for the COPR document in the mail.

As per my thinking, this is the standard information letter that everyone is getting. Now mentioning this portion " IF YOU HAVE COPR IN HAND" could means so, as we all know they change the process recently. Earlier we had to send our passports, and they were only approving applications after PPR and they used to send COPR with our passport back to our home. So what happened is many people sent their passports for application approval and for COPR during first and second week of March and even last week of Feb. Now from what I've read here those people didn't get their passports back until now. So what I'm guessing is that they'll get their COPR with their passports and EVERYONE INCLUDING US AND THEM got that information letter. Because for us, our application was approved directly, for them it was approved only after sending their passports. So I think they are not making any new COPR and they are only giving this Information letter. I can be wrong but that's what I figured from current situations.

Reactions: El_Brujo81

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
Anyone knows how long it takes to produce the PR card. I might move to a new place in a few months. Will I be able to update the address?
I tried calling CIC, the automated message informed that it takes 15-20 business days to process a PR card after they receive the photograph.

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
Interesting. In my case I got an e-mail with letters saying I'm a PR now and should mail them our photos with UCI on the back, but when I log in to my profile the status is still submitted and it says they are reviewing my elegibility....
Following, this is the exact status of my file.

Pradiep1993

Aug 17, 2016
I am in the same boat, I got an email including a copr attachment, but my profile is still not updated, i sent a picture for PR card but no response on webform yet...
What do you mean by COPR? Are you talking about Information letter that we all got? Because COPR is completely different document which looks more like study or work permit.

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
As per my thinking, this is the standard information letter that everyone is getting. Now mentioning this portion " IF YOU HAVE COPR IN HAND" could means so, as we all know they change the process recently. Earlier we had to send our passports, and they were only approving applications after PPR and they used to send COPR with our passport back to our home. So what happened is many people sent their passports for application approval and for COPR during first and second week of March and even last week of Feb. Now from what I've read here those people didn't get their passports back until now. So what I'm guessing is that they'll get their COPR with their passports and EVERYONE INCLUDING US AND THEM got that information letter. Because for us, our application was approved directly, for them it was approved only after sending their passports. So I think they are not making any new COPR and they are only giving this Information letter. I can be wrong but that's what I figured from current situations.
You’re correct.