+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct CoPR without PPR in CIC Account

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Hi, I'm a PNP inland and today I got an email from IRCC Kitchner that reads

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

I've never received CoPR or PPR on my account. I got this e-mail directly.

Based on what the e-mail says, I should only send a CoPR if I have one, otherwise I assume I should just print this e-mail and send them the photo, is that right?
[for inland applicant] I guess If your CIC profile says approved then They already have mailed you the COPR. I noticed a guy from other thread who talked to an agent and agent told him that COPR has been mailed to his address.His profile was changed to approved without PPR like me. However this is not official process so mistakes are possible. Wait for another 3-4 business days for mail to receive then take some action. let me know what your profile says.

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
I guess I'll have to wait. My online profile says it's is still under review, so they might not have updated it yet. The part that got me thinking though is when it says "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above".

Reactions: jsidhu1

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
I guess I'll have to wait. My online profile says it's is still under review, so they might not have updated it yet. The part that got me thinking though is when it says "If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above".
Yeah right. Thats confusing. Raise a webform or call. They will let you know if CoPR has been mailed or not.
I guess it also depends on visa office. Maybe they have their own procedures for landing inland applicants. mine is niagara falls.

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Hello,
My Aor - July 2019
May 20, 2020 - Profile changes to approved and a CoPR messege. No pdf document available to download.
Anyone on the same boat.
Will local office sent Copr via mail?
If the thread already exist please post link.
Thanks

I am also sailing in same boat.

INLAND APPLICANT

My AOR - Nov 13, 2019
May 20, 2020 - Profile changes to approved and a CoPR messege. No pdf document available to download.

tomdele

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
I got landing interview over the phone on Friday and afterward the online portal changed to approved. The guy said I should get a copr between friday and monday. I never got email nor pdf through the online account. I called ircc today and was told to wait till Thursday or Friday and if I dont get it then I should let them know and that is a new process which has not been mastered by agents.

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
I got landing interview over the phone on Friday and afterward the online portal changed to approved. The guy said I should get a copr between friday and monday. I never got email nor pdf through the online account. I called ircc today and was told to wait till Thursday or Friday and if I dont get it then I should let them know and that is a new process which has not been mastered by agents.
Nice Info.
Is it possible the agent was talking about 'by mail' not 'by email' by any chance?

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
I got the same email last Thursday. I got an email from CIC-winnipeg, and also I got the same document on my cic account as well.. and unlike someone stated above, for me they have put the text in bold if I don’t have COPR, I should send two photos with UCI number and name written on the back of the photo. I have mailed my photos to cic winnipeg this morning..

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
I got the same email last Thursday. I got an email from CIC-winnipeg, and also I got the same document on my cic account as well.. and unlike someone stated above, for me they have put the text in bold if I don’t have COPR, I should send two photos with UCI number and name written on the back of the photo. I have mailed my photos to cic winnipeg this morning..
Thanks for sharing! I’m gonna wait a day or two to see if something shows up on my account, otherwise I’ll mail them our photos with a copy of the letters attached to the email and hope for the best!

Reactions: srujju

hawaii78

Jan 5, 2020
Wait for 2 days .You will get gold mail.
I knew that three people in one family received CoPR in different day.

Hemish

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello,
My Aor - July 2019
Anyone on the same boat.
Thanks

INLAND APPLICANT

My AOR - Nov 04, 2019
May 25, 2020 - Profile changes to approved and a CoPR messege. No pdf document available to download.

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020

INLAND APPLICANT

My AOR - Nov 04, 2019
May 25, 2020 - Profile changes to approved and a CoPR messege. No pdf document available to download.
Interesting. In my case I got an e-mail with letters saying I'm a PR now and should mail them our photos with UCI on the back, but when I log in to my profile the status is still submitted and it says they are reviewing my elegibility....

Reactions: Krysse

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019

INLAND APPLICANT

My AOR - Nov 04, 2019
Congratulation.
I raised a webform yesterday. they will reply within this week. I will update everything here.

Reactions: Hemish

jsidhu1

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
Interesting. In my case I got an e-mail with letters saying I'm a PR now and should mail them our photos with UCI on the back, but when I log in to my profile the status is still submitted and it says they are reviewing my elegibility....
I have seen most cases like that. I guess that depends on local visa office. mine is niagara falls or etobicoke.
whats your? or from where you get the mail?

rfsbsb

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
I have seen most cases like that. I guess that depends on local visa office. mine is niagara falls or etobicoke.
whats your? or from where you get the mail?
I don't know exactly my VO but the e-mail was sent by CIC-Kitchener. I'm assuming I just need to get our photos and e-mail them and then after a long time our PR cards will show up right? Because they've never requested our passports or interviews.

Last edited:

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Hello,
My Aor - July 2019
Anyone on the same boat.
Thanks
I am in the same boat.
AOR Jan 13, 2020
PNP inland

My application was approved May 25, 2020 as per my online account, no PPR email, just an email that my account has been updated.
I can see my COPR document number and it's validity but can't download it.
VO Etobioke
My consultant told me to wait for a few days and if no email comes within a few weeks, she will contact IRCC

Reactions: Hemish