+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Direct CoPR without PPR in CIC Account

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi,

I received a letter with COPR document # once my application was approved on June 26, 2020. However, the province of destination is not mentioned in this letter. Is it normal?

iJass

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
British Columbia
When I received my copr, under my profile it said expiry date. But on the copr itself it doesn't say any expiry so I'm curious what does that expiry date means. Because my copr is already signed and i have applied for my pr card which is probably taking longer due to covid-19.
Yesterday when i was at border crossing guy asked me bunch of questions about my job change and that made me curious if they can revoke my pr due to me moving to another province or job change even though i am permanent resident now.

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
When I received my copr, under my profile it said expiry date. But on the copr itself it doesn't say any expiry so I'm curious what does that expiry date means. Because my copr is already signed and i have applied for my pr card which is probably taking longer due to covid-19.
Yesterday when i was at border crossing guy asked me bunch of questions about my job change and that made me curious if they can revoke my pr due to me moving to another province or job change even though i am permanent resident now.
Do you think if your COPR expiry date is matching with medical certificate expiry date? Mine does.

iJass

Star Member
Sep 17, 2018
British Columbia
Do you think if your COPR expiry date is matching with medical certificate expiry date? Mine does.
You are right
I didn't pay attention to that
It matches with that and i just got notified in my cic account that my pr card has been mailed to my address so that's a big relief.
Good luck guys

FoodGatherer

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
You are right
I didn't pay attention to that
It matches with that and i just got notified in my cic account that my pr card has been mailed to my address so that's a big relief.
Good luck guys
Good news! When did you send the documents for your PR card?

amjoshi91

Nov 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am an inland candidate.

I received a phone call this morning to confirm that I am in Canada followed by which I see in my GCKey Profile that my file is approved but I am not able to download the COPR. The COPR is not a link that can be downloaded from the GCKey profile. Does CIC email the COPR and next steps (Photo for PR Card) or do they send it in the GCKey profile itself?

How long does it take after the profile shows approved to get the next steps and the COPR?

Aug 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
18-10-2019
Hi Everyone,

I am an inland candidate.

I received a phone call this morning to confirm that I am in Canada followed by which I see in my GCKey Profile that my file is approved but I am not able to download the COPR. The COPR is not a link that can be downloaded from the GCKey profile. Does CIC email the COPR and next steps (Photo for PR Card) or do they send it in the GCKey profile itself?

How long does it take after the profile shows approved to get the next steps and the COPR?
Did you get a message named "Other" in your GCKey EE Profile?

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Although I have posted in other threads but this thread seems to be the most relevant.

I received PPR request last week to send passport to Ottawa Office. However, I received email from Etobicoke Landing office couple of days later to confirm presence in Canada and they sent me confirmation of PR with pdf in an email.

Should I just send PR card request and ignore passport request?

amjoshi91

Nov 27, 2018
Although I have posted in other threads but this thread seems to be the most relevant.

I received PPR request last week to send passport to Ottawa Office. However, I received email from Etobicoke Landing office couple of days later to confirm presence in Canada and they sent me confirmation of PR with pdf in an email.

Should I just send PR card request and ignore passport request?
If the letter's first paragraph has : "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada" then you are good to go, you don't need to send your passport. Just send this letter and a photo to the address mentioned on top of the letter!

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
If the letter's first paragraph has : "Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada" then you are good to go, you don't need to send your passport. Just send this letter and a photo to the address mentioned on top of the letter!
Yes, it says that

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now
complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

qowjdtn18

Nov 20, 2018
I am exactly in the same shoes. I received my CoPR under my CIC account message centre but it apparently expires on September 22, 2020, which goes with 1 year after my medical. But the letter says no expiration. Does it matter at all?
How long did it take for you to get the update since you mailed them in?

nilshah24

Mar 20, 2019
anyone who received this COPR letter for the main applicant only and missing the same letter for your dependent? I can see a separate COPR letter numbers for both of us. but I am still missing the COPR letter for my spouse.

Reactions: rickyhai11