+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difficult situation

drzeina

May 8, 2009
Hi Every one
I need your Expertise and advice in my case below as i am in a difficult situation.
I landed in Sept 2009 and spent a month but had to go back to rethink a way to earn a living in canada as I am a dentist and the road to licensing was very lengthy (2-3 y). finally i made a decision to settle and go through the process and managed to secure some savings to support the process till i get my license or find a suitable Job.
I settled in July 2012, applied for exam no 1, and searched for a suitable job as i have some Experience with medical product development and commercialization............no Canadian Experience........no replies. I opened a company (medical education/consultancy) and traveled to promote it 4-5 times which affected my 730 days requirements. Finally i managed to get a contract with a big multinational company to support their operations in international markets with a highly rewarding contract. My problem now is that I would have to cancel that because I don't want to have issues or be reported as it requires frequent travel(2-3 weeks at a time). Is there a way to keep the Job without risking my status?. It is a sad situation as I would be able to support my family, pay taxes and live a normal life instead of looking for survival Jobs awaiting endless exam process.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Employ someone who has no RO issues to do the travelling.

2. Keep travelling until you get reported and lose PR before the courts then get re-sponsored (both you and sponsor must meet the eligibility).

3. Relinquish PR now get re-sponsored getting a fresh 5 year RO block.

4. Get your citizen spouse to accompany you on all overseas trips.

Just throwing out some ideas here....each has its pros and cons. Ultimately the RO issue will hang over you till you acquire citizenship.

drzeina

May 8, 2009
Thanks for the ideas. is not there any direct mechanism to Consider an Exception to the 730 rule? My income will be coming to my account in canada where i reside and consider home, i will be able to pay taxes. i am living here and my family too. i have the contract proveing that i am being contracted as a resident of canada.
it will be sad to be forced to cancel the contract and start looking for survival jobs.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
drzeina said:
Thanks for the ideas. is not there any direct mechanism to Consider an Exception to the 730 rule? My income will be coming to my account in canada where i reside and consider home, i will be able to pay taxes. i am living here and my family too. i have the contract proveing that i am being contracted as a resident of canada.
it will be sad to be forced to cancel the contract and start looking for survival jobs.
Unfortunately business travel does not count. The only work that counts as far as I know is if you work for a Canadian company that then transferred you abroad (and no, it doesn't count if you are self-employed and "transfer" yourself abroad)