+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different UCI number - Urgent Help Needed

Toor0603Winnipeg

Mar 12, 2018
Hello everyone, Thanks for considering my request.

Just got a quick question for you. I am in Canada since year 2016 and on all my study and work permits my UCI number was same, which is basically 8 digit numeric number.

However, on my EE file it shows different UCI number as CAN0000XXXXXXXX.

Have you came across same kind of situation. Please guide if you have any solution. Thanks

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016

Just got a quick question for you. I am in Canada since year 2016 and on all my study and work permits my UCI number was same, which is basically 8 digit numeric number.

Have you came across same kind of situation. Please guide if you have any solution. Thanks
Don’t think that is an issue. I had same situation as i was on a work permit in Canada. In my EE application I had specified my existing UCI, however post EE submission I got a different UCI.

Toor0603Winnipeg

Mar 12, 2018
Don’t think that is an issue. I had same situation as i was on a work permit in Canada. In my EE application I had specified my existing UCI, however post EE submission I got a different UCI.
Hi Thrishi

So you mean after uploading all docs followed by submitting application, the UCI number will get changed to my existing one?

Last edited:

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hi Thrishi

Sonyou mean after uploading all docs followed by submitting application, the UCI number will get changed to my existing one?
Nope.. my UCI for EE was different than what they used for my WP. When you reapply in same category, the UCI remains same, eg. u extend your WP, same UCI carries forward. EE PR being different category altogether, we get a new UCI

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Nope.. my UCI for EE was different than what they used for my WP. When you reapply in same category, the UCI remains same, eg. u extend your WP, same UCI carries forward. EE PR being different category altogether, we get a new UCI
Don't think that's true actually...UCI should remain the same

This CAN xxxx number should change to the proper UCI post AOR

Reactions: THRISHI

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Don't think that's true actually...UCI should remain the same

This CAN xxxx number should change to the proper UCI post AOR
Guys
My bad.. as @medwiz has correctly mentioned the UCI is same as my previous application UCI. I was looking at Application no. Which definitely has changed and mistakenly took it up as UCI.
Sorry about that..

Reactions: medwiz

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016

Please see update reply at last. Ignore my first two replies. UCI shud remain same.

Manidharni

Feb 3, 2020
Hi i applied under cec its already been 15 months and now i learnt that i made a mistake while applying my uci number of wp is diffrent from study permit plz help what can i do about this?? Thanks

Gursheen

Mar 30, 2020
Hello everyone I need some help. I have. two study permits and One post graduate work permit. My UCI on study permits is same but my work permit is different. I am not sure if thats normal. And now i have to create a EE profile and they are asking for UCI not sure which one to enter

Antra

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
I have 2 UCI numbers
Different for my visitor/ work permit application and for Pr application
Is that normal
Does it affect my application